How To Put Our Love Into Practice

How To Put Our Love Into Practice

The constant question...is my love enough? I am ready to put my heart first and work on personal growth to find ultimate happiness.

281

Over the past several months I have spent a lot of time alone and a lot of time in deep thought about the future, the people around me and the happiness I want to be able to give and receive. For me, it all came back to my love and the love I have to offer. Honestly, it's so easy to have a lot of love but truthfully it isn't simple to show the depths of what you have to give. The constant question...is my love enough?

It's all about the practice and the growth. They always say that the best athletes and the best musicians and the best scholastically always are on top because of the practice and dedication they put into their work. Why don't we do that with our love? I'm not even talking about love for another person or a significant other. Why don't we practice each day self-love? Why do we stop loving after church on Sunday and wait until the next Sunday to love again? Heard of unstoppable faith? It's a faith that can't be broken, a faith that has strength and independence and freedom to be taught and worked on every day.

I truly believe that less is more in all aspects of life. Regarding love, beauty, faith, friends, attitude, and I am sure you can think of many more. Having a tight group of friends is better than 100 acquaintances. Having a personal faith that is deep and everlasting is better than having a broad idea of what your faith should look like. Seeing yourself for who you really are is better than masking it with something you think you should be - that one can be especially hard to achieve in today's world. With all the opportunities to reflect on what others are doing every minute of the day, it can be hard to stay strong in your own self-worth and belief.

To grow as a person and to continue the steps to growing your love each day starts with attitude. Sadly, it's so easy to see the negatives in each day and to fall asleep with complaints about the day we had, things we didn't get done and small moments that upset us. It is a challenge to think about the graces you were given and to be thankful for the beautiful gifts you were given that day. A good friend of mine gave me the idea to write down 5 things that made me smile that day before I went to bed, that is a way to practice love and to grow your happiness towards this gift of a life we are living in.

Speak and think simply. Take time to decrease destructive and distracting words that put unobtainable ideas in your head. Put less stress on the future and work towards a day that is full of strength and love.

Put your faith first. I have found when I lead with my faith the love I have to give is rich and full of life. I understand that I am supposed to have grace-filled generosity. There is a difference between selective generosity and grace-filled generosity. Grace-filled means to be generous in every situation and do not care whether you want to be kind and compassionate or not, you just know its always the right thing to do. It's important to have compassion in your devotion and to work each day to live your life with passion and strength and goals.

I am ready to put my love into practice and work each day to show my heart for what it really is.