How To Properly Listen To Spanish Music

How To Properly Listen To Spanish Music

There are no rules when it comes to "el zapateado."

38
How To Properly Listen To Spanish Music
Splitshire

The multicultural spanish musical universe is so incredibly diverse, but there is a common factor that unites the distinct rhythms together. This joining factor is displayed in how the music is celebrated, whether at a Quinceanera, boda, or at a family reunion. Below are ways in which this upbeat, inspiring music makes people behave when captivated by its soul-capturing rhythms.

1. Just holding a bottle of tequila is enough to spark the emotions.

It's not necessary to drink, just holding a bottle is enough to project what you are feeling inside you heart-broken self.

2. The base is turned up too high in an attempt to serenade someone.

Somehow the further the beat is heard, the more "feels" you project to the person who is being serenaded.

3. The windows are rolled down and sunroof to recreate hurricane wind in your car.

Let the underlying base spark the happy emotions and just open up the sunroof. A scene out of a music video is an appropriate comparison.

4. Think of a painful memory and blast Vicente Fernandez "Llorar y Llorar."

This song is timeless to all the broken-hearted. Always gets you where it hurts the most, every time.

5. Sing every word as though your pinky toe just got ran over by a bus.

This is strictly a consequence of the music that sparks all the emotions, which then prompts you to "scream-sing" to Ricky Martin's new pop hit.

6. Start dancing with your cousin or friend because no one would ask you to dance.

Who needs to wait for a dance partner when you have your entire fam to break it down with you.

7. Beat the dance floor with your heels because the zapateado gets too lit.

When zapateados come on, no one is safe. This is the time when all the guys show off their "dance floor beating skills" solely using the heels of their cowboy boots.

8. Start romantically whistling the tune.

It's not a catchy tune if you don't whistle.

9. Start tearing up a bit.

There are some songs that are just green kryptonite.

10. Scream "Aha hay!" at the top of your lungs.

It should come naturally, but preferably in the voice of an emotional mariachi.

11. Randomly become nostalgic.

Some memories are sparked by romantic songs, especially those of Latin origin. They are sure to make you recall all the past feels.

12. Start dancing by yourself.

Sometimes it just takes a catchy beat to tear up the dance floor, even if that means going solo.