How to Prepare For Finals Like The Boss That You Are

Crushed It.

22
www.cosmopolitan.co.uk

Finals week is around the corner - eek! You're excited, you're nervous, but you're also freaking the heck out!

If you are among the students that have yet to crack open a textbook (or in some cases buy the textbook) and are completely panicking about the upcoming dreaded week that is finals, have no fear! There are some simple steps you can take to start preparing.

1. Get all your notes organized.

Throughout the semester, your once clean and clearly labeled folders cross contaminated and now you have calculus notes mixed in with your Latin homework. Set aside an hour one night to go through all the papers you got this semester and organize them by class. Make sure to throw out all the extra fliers and brochures you no doubt picked up along the way.

2. Review your notes.

If you haven't already been reviewing your notes throughout the semester, that's okay! You can still do that now. Go through your notes and mark them up with highlighter and post it notes. It can be hard to do this when you're taking notes, but now that you know the big picture of the notes you can go back and connect thoughts and ideas.

3. Review the textbook.

If you haven't been reading the textbook as per your professor's assignments, that's okay! Most textbooks have study guides or outlines either at the start or end of the chapters. There is also a convenient list of key terms to know, and discussion questions too. Definitely review everything your book has to offer, and if you have time, skim the chapters you know will be on the test!

Do numbers 2 and 3 regularly for the days/weeks leading up to the exam.

4. Make a study group.

Working in a team is always useful for students. Your classmate may understand a topic you didn't, or vice versa. Also, this would be a great time to exchange notes and discuss the material, so you know you have a solid understanding of it.

5. Ask your professor for a study guide.

Most professors don't just expect you to come to class the day of the final with the entire textbook memorized. If you just ask them what to expect on the final exam, more than likely they'll be happy to share! With an idea of what to expect on the final, you can be sure to study the right material!

6. Finally, get some sleep the night before the exam.

Pulling an all nighter is only a good idea in the movies – and if there is ice cream involved. Be sure to finish studying at least an hour before you plan to go to bed, and aim to get at least five to six hours of sleep that night. Expecting college students to sleep for seven to eight hours is unrealistic, so try your best but if you can't, make sure you get at least five.

Remember, no miracles happen over night. If you let the semester slip away, you may not get the same grade as you would've if you had worked all semester. But, that doesn't mean you still can't pass, right?

Good luck, everybody!