How To Plan Your Dream Southeast Asian Vacation

Your Dream Southeast Asian Vacation

13

Southeast Asia is an incredible destination, full of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to explore and try new things. When planning your Southeast Asian vacation, there are a few steps you want to take to get the most out of your trip. Planning a few details will ensure your trip goes flawlessly.

Pick Your Hub

When planning your trip, choose one spot as your central travel hub as a base for your travels. When picking your spot, consider the mode of transportation and convenience. Each method of travel has its benefits, but there is something to be said about seeing the region by sea. Consider booking a cruise from Singapore to let you see this beautiful area while relaxing on the deck of your ship. Alternatively, if time is tight, you can book to Kuala Lumpur and utilize an AirAsia Unlimited Pass to help you get to all your destinations quickly. No matter how you travel, a central hub will ensure you can get where you want quickly and easily.

Decide Your Destinations

Once you know the start and endpoint for your trip, you need to pick your destinations. Start by thinking about what you want to do. If you are looking to relax on the best beaches in Southeast Asia, you want to be sure to include spots in Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam for insta-perfect beach vibes. Pay attention to your visa requirements as well. For example, a trip to Vietnam requires a visa, so you want to start your application once you have your dates booked. Remember, you can always do a mix of activities, such as shopping in Bangkok then enjoying a night safari in Singapore later in your trip.

Schedule Your Stays

Unless you’re traveling by cruise, you want to make your reservations for your hotels early. Start by deciding your budget. This step will help determine whether booking a resort or hostel is right for you. If you book an all-inclusive, check the amenities to ensure that you have access to the activities you want to enjoy. Some resorts offer on-site animal sanctuaries, allowing you to have exclusive access to rare and endangered creatures that call the region home. If you need to stick to a budget, there are hostels throughout the area that offer unique stays, central locations, and wallet-friendly options. Book your stays early to reduce your stress when planning.

Plan Your Meals

From street vendors to high-end eateries, picking your favorites from the best restaurants in Asia is a challenge. Start by doing your research. Fancier eateries may require you to make a reservation early to ensure a table is available. If you want to try the more popular street foods, such as the Michelin-rated food stalls, you need to plan for the wait. Enjoying some of these world-famous vendors’ meals may mean waiting for hours for the opportunity. To ensure you don’t miss out on any of these delicious dishes, plan early for where you want to go, any necessary reservations, and check for wait times. This step will help you enjoy some of these world-famous dishes.

Organize Your Tours

Finally, it is time to plan your activities. Southeast Asia is home to various activities and events you don’t want to miss. When scheduling your trip, keep in mind what you want to do there. Whether you want to go sea kayaking, explore caves or enjoy one of the incredible festivals here. June to October is the rainy season here, meaning any ocean adventures may be cut short by the weather. When making your reservations, keep the season in mind. Before your travels begin, check the local calendars for events that may be happening while you are there. Some of these events are worth planning your trip around, so do your research to ensure you don’t miss one of these amazing festivals.

This incredible region will offer you life-changing opportunities to explore, grow and experience an adventure unlike any other. Make the most of it and enjoy your travels.