How to Pick Yourself Up on Off Days

How To Pick Yourself Up On "Off" Days

You got this!

95

We have all our bad days and when those days happen, we forget what it's like to have good days. I'm writing here today to remind everyone that it is possible to pick yourself up even on your "off days." As I said, we all have them, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to pick ourselves up and get back going!

First of all, as cliche as this sounds, I live by this: "If it's not gonna matter in five years, don't spend more than five minutes thinking about it." There is no sense in preoccupying your thoughts with things that won't matter in the next five years. Think about it, but don't let it consume you. When you think of whatever is bothering you, do something else. Go for a run, call your mom or dad, make plans with a friend, watch your favorite movie or TV show... There's an endless possibility of what you can do that will make yourself feel better, because, let's face it, thinking about what is bothering you, isn't making you feel better— it's making you feel worse. So whatever you are thinking about, make sure it's something that will make you happy and improve your mood.

I cannot stress this enough but exercise!!!! Exercising helps so much when it comes to dealing with depression. It improves your mood and energy by so much. I always workout whenever I start to feel down. It's a great way to take your mind another place and you get to do something healthy!

I would especially recommend hanging out with your friends or family as well. No one understands you better than they do, and it would be a perfect way to have some fun with the people you love. Whether you're just hanging out or asking for advice and talking about what's wrong.

The last thing you could do would be to listen to upbeat music and just dance! I know it sounds crazy to just dance by yourself, but it's such a good way to just spend some time with yourself and have fun.

Of course, there are more ways to help yourself when you're feeling down, but these are some of the things I do when I need a pick me up.

Remember, you are loved and you are so worth it. Whatever is bothering you now will NOT last and you will be able to get through it. Always. No matter how hard it gets, there always a rainbow waiting for you on the other side.