How To Make Pumpkin Bread With Crumb Topping

Even though Thanksgiving is over, it’s still a great treat to make.

17
keyword-suggestions.com

A lot of people don’t know that I love to bake. I have so many baking supplies and ingredients stored in the kitchen. Since I love pumpkin flavored anything, a few years ago I decided to start making pumpkin bread from scratch on Thanksgiving. Ever since then I have been making it every year. Even though Thanksgiving is over, it’s still a great treat to make. Especially to add onto those leftovers or have with your coffee in the mornings to follow.

I have tried multiple recipes to get it to the taste and moisture that I prefer but nothing seemed to work. It would either come out tasting a bit off, or it wouldn’t bake properly due to the ratio of ingredients I used. So, over time I finally figured out the perfect recipe to create a delicious tasting pumpkin bread loaf.

Crumb topping:

½ cup of brown sugar

¼ cup of white sugar

½ teaspoon of cinnamon

¼ teaspoon of salt

1 ¼ cups of flour

½ cup of melted butter

Now its time to prep and bake:

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2: Mix dry ingredients first (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, salt, baking soda, flour) and set aside.

In another separate bowl, first add the vegetabal oil, sugars, and eggs and mix thoroughly.

Step 3: After this is done add the pumpkin puree to that bowl and mix, and then add water and the dry ingredients and mix.

It is important to mix certain ingredients separately because then it wont blend as well.

Step 4: With the 3 separate 4X8 pans (regular or aluminum) make sure to rub some oil on the inside of the pan so the bread doesn’t stick inside the pan. Then, pour the batter into them and spread a think layer of the crumb topping evenly over the top of the batter. And finally, bake the bread for 1 hour.

I prefer to bake them separately so they can each bake evenly but it is up to you. If you decide to do this, you can put remainder of the batter in the fridge until its time to make the other pans.

OR, you can just divide the ingredients by 1/3 to make enough for one pan. But, why only make one when you can make three? Especially if you are experimenting. It’s good to have some extra batter that way you don’t have to start the entire process over again in case something goes wrong.

After its done, it tastes so moist, rich, and delicious. You will want to make it every year. It also makes a great gift or contribution if you’re going to someone else’s home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any fesitivity you’re attending (use aluminum pan for a gift). Just because pumpkins make their appearance in the beginning of fall, it doesn’t mean it goes out of season after the fall. Pumpkin flavored food/drinks really don’t go out of season until after winter is over.