How To Make Authentic Taiwan Boba Tea?

How To Make Authentic Taiwan Boba Tea?

The expensive boba tea that we crave every day is actually super easy to make. Here are a few simple steps of how to make authentic Taiwan boba tea~

51
​Boba tea

The soul of the boba tea: boba. It is actually really hard to make the boba from scratch if you don't have any cooking experience. Instead, you can purchase premade boba from the store. Here I attached the link to a few decent premade boba products:

https://amzn.to/3efFklj (traditional boba)

https://amzn.to/3bjNkQu (milky white boba)

https://amzn.to/38jlLVt (another traditional boba)

The key to making fresh and chewy boba is the cooking time. To boil premade boba, first, boil the water. The ratio of water and dried boba can be roughly about 20:1: for every 10 cups of water add 0.5 cups of dried boba. After the water is boiling, add the dried boba and wait until the boba floats on the water. Here, remember that you should only cook the amount that you can finish at one time because cooked boba will become really dry. Honestly, for the cooking time, it is up to your preference. Some people like their boba to be a bit hard and chewy, so they can cook less time. Or if you like your boba to be very very soft, then leave them in the boiling water a bit longer. After taking the cooked boba out of the water, you can flavor the boba with a few teaspoons of honey or brown sugar up to your preference.

Then is the milk tea. Traditional Taiwanese Boba milk tea usually uses black tea as the key ingredient. And for the milk, I suggest using whole milk since it contains a more creamy flavor. For the ratio of the tea and the milk, it is again, really up to you. If you like the smell of tea better, then add more black tea. If you want less caffeine in your milk tea, then add more milk. If you think about it, milk tea really is about personal choice and preferences. If you like, you can also be creative. Like for example, you can also blend in fruits like banana or strawberries into the milk and mix it with the tea, but the flavor… hum, at least you can have fun making the boba.

Mixing the B and the T.To increase the chewiness of your boba, you should first soak them in ice water after taking them out of the pot. Then mix the cooled boba with the milk tea.

Good luck and have fun!