How To Love The Stubborn Girl

How To Love The Stubborn Girl

We want to let you in but we don’t know how.

2047
How To Love The Stubborn Girl

A huge misconception about stubborn girls is that we don’t care.

You may feel as though our dignity overrides any potential relationship from happening. This is not true. We want to let our guard down. We want to have that perfectly balanced relationship. We want so badly to be able to let someone in-- for once. But, we can’t.

Sometimes the pride we take in being independent engulfs us. It forces us to retract and put up wall after wall. Just when you may feel as though you have broken one down, we have put two more in its place. But we don’t want you to stop trying to break down those walls. We need reassurance; we need to know that you’re genuine-- that this is something real.

Loving a stubborn girl is never going to be easy.

We thrive on having our freedom. Our freedom to do whatever and go wherever we want and when we want to. Being tied down scares us and commitment is not something we greet with open arms. We don’t entirely know how it all works, the give and take. We are so used to taking care of ourselves that it is such a foreign concept to let someone else hold the cards for a little while.

Stubborn girls are sensitive, but we don't outwardly wear our hearts on our sleeves.

Way, way, WAY deep down we feel things intensely and usually care even more so than others do. We are complex and difficult-- but not on purpose. We all have a code that one needs to be willing to crack, yet we’re not even necessarily aware of what that code is ourselves.

We’re sorry that we can’t reciprocate what we feel because we tend to bottle it all up. We are compartmentalized thinkers, relentlessly refusing to bring any of those feelings to the surface.

There is a reason why we are so closed off and shut down when things start getting serious. We all have those same thoughts racing around in our heads; “I’ve been here before…This is familiar…I’m not letting this happen.” We have cared in the past. We have loved in the past. We have given everything we had in the past to someone who entirely abused it.

Most importantly, we don’t want to get hurt-- again.

We know it’s not fair to judge you based on who has wronged us in the past. It’s just that after awhile, it becomes exhausting. The same monotonous routine of putting so much of our time and energy into someone and into something that we expect to ultimately become much bigger-- only to be let down. So, we shut it off.

We opt not to feel at all instead of feeling mislead and used.

Each time we meet someone new, we hope that it’s different. We pray that there will be some sort of sign given to us that will lead the way-- an extra little push that tells us that we should give this a chance.

Learning to love a stubborn girl is hard-- but it is so worth it. And once she loves you too, it will be the most epic, authentic, love you’ve ever had.