How You Know You've Become An Independent Woman

5 Ways You Know You've Become An Independent Woman

When it finally hits you that you could live on your own and not be a COMPLETE failure.

93

After living on my own for a year and then returning home for the summer, it is very obvious that I've become accustomed to making my own schedule and living independently. If this is you, you'll relate as well! Here are five ways you know you could live on your own and not be a complete failure (or in my case, call your mom every five minutes)...

1. You Can Cook For Yourself

Sure I'm not Rachael Ray, but when the need presents itself, I can cook for myself... Seriously though, worrying about food becomes suuuuuuch a chore! I miss the days when I could come home to dinner and not think about food. It sheds a new light on microwavable mac and cheese and ramen noodles...

2. You Don't Have A Curfew

Stay out till midnight? 3 a.m.? Who cares! Party hard! You don't have to report to anyone anymore. Somehow, even when I don't have to tell anyone where I am, I still end up coming home early.

3. You Become Fascinated With Decorating

Every square inch of your dorm room/apartment/house HAS to match and every room has a color scheme. You have to plan where everything is going to go and make sure it all matches. You have a strange addiction to HGTV and you watch House Hunters on repeat. Right?

4. You Realize How Expensive Food Is

Seriously, we all need it to survive, so why is it so expensive? Who has that kind of money?

5. You Can Wear Whatever You Want Without Judgment

No one cares what you wear in your house, so if you haven't done laundry in weeks and you have to wear a teal shirt and an orange pair of shorts, no one cares! However, you may still want to make sure you have enough clothes in your closet to look acceptable in public.

Anything else you can think of that you only do when you live alone? Comment below!