How To Make The Most Of This Semester

How To Make The Most Of This Semester

For the person who is already feeling tired from online school.

26
How To Make The Most Of This Semester

It is the second day of school and I am already tired.

Maybe it is staring at a screen all day or maybe it is the zero interaction with people other than my roommates, but I am already starting to feel dead. You know it is bad when you would rather attend an 8 a.m. in person than wake up at noon and just grab your laptop. With most of my classes online, I am finding myself to be less motivated to even leave my apartment. For some people, having your bed and food just a few feet away is a dream come true. However, if you are feeling trapped and just exhausted, here are some tips to make the most of this school season so you can feel like your best self.

Change your surroundings.

If most of your classes are on zoom, then it is difficult to find a quiet spot to pay attention to. If you use your room to listen to lectures, try going to a different spot to study and work on homework. It is good for your mind and body to not stay cooped up in the same place all day. For me, I stay in my room to listen to lectures because it is a quiet spot where I can close my door. However, I am finding it hard to work on anything in my apartment. There are people constantly walking in and out, and there's so many distractions like the TV, the couch, and my comfy bed. If your campus has opened the class buildings or the library, try finding a spot there. I promise you that changing your surroundings will help you focus and be more motivated.

Move your body.

Since I have more time to get assignments done, I have been finding more time for activities such as working out. I wanted to workout a lot more this year and my schedule has given me the freedom to go to the gym whenever or turn on a quick workout on YouTube. This has boosted my energy and has actually made me feel happier because I can check something off my to-do list. Even if you are not a hardcore workout person, taking a walk and doing some quick stretches will make you to feel better. Staring at your computer all day can make you feel very fatigued. It is easy to go through the day and not get up at all. This is why making time for even a quick stroll will allow you to feel rested and ready for whatever is next.

Interact with people.

I have the pleasure of living in an apartment with three of my best friends, but I miss being on campus and just meeting up with anyone. After a long day of zoom calls and homework, all I want to do is curl up in my bed and take a nap. However, I have discovered that I have been going hours with zero interaction with anyone. This has made me feel lonely and just lost because I am not having that constant interaction. Text your friends to go on a walk. Drive around. Get ice cream. Just because you are not physically on campus does not mean you do not have the opportunity to hang out with people.

Take some time for yourself.

Use your free time to do something for you. I feel like that is the beauty of this day and age we are living in. We have so much time to focus on ourselves and maybe that is what we need this whole time. Don't feel the need to always be doing something. If you just want to spend time alone, then go ahead. Take time to find what works with your schedule. I have a problem where I feel like I must do everything. I then start to feel overwhelmed and stressed because I feel like I am missing out on other things. Do what you need to do and then you will have time to do what you want to do.

Stay healthy and safe.

Honestly, no one is happy about what is going on right now. It is different and confusing for everyone. College is supposed to be a fun and exciting place where you meet new people and have new experiences. Even though the circumstances are different, you can still make something out of this semester. Wear your masks. Wash your hands. Be aware of who you are around. Follow the guidelines. Go into this semester with a positive mindset, because it could be the best semester you have.