How To Have Fun Besides Going Out

How To Have Fun Besides Going Out

5 things you can do right at home.

46
How To Have Fun Besides Going Out
twentyinparis.net

Going out and enjoying the town is great and all, but you may not have the funds or the desire to leave your house. Perusing the bar scene and late night attractions definitely has its moments, but that can burn a big hole in your wallet. Going to a movie is a little bit easier on your bank account, if you don't buy anything at concessions, but sometimes the crowd can be a turn off. There simply may not be a movie showing you enjoy. Maybe even your friends don't have the night off or have other plans. Whatever the reasons you may have for not going out, here are five things you can do besides heading out and around:

1. Read a book

Since I am an avid book-lover, I feel the need to put this at the top of the list. A good book can transport your mind far away from your house, and in a way you are leaving your house. Mentally. From the couch. Keep in mind you don't have to read to learn something. Treat yourself. Read for fun. If fun reading for you is a comic book, go for it.

2. Have a movie night

You may not like what's showing in the theaters, but more likely than not you have a few movies, or Netflix movies, that you enjoy watching. Make some popcorn that you don't have to take out a loan for, invite some people over and have a movie night. Or force your pets to cuddle with you to feel less lonely. Whatever floats your boat.

3. Host a board game night

One thing I secretly enjoy is a good ol' board game. While there are many simple board games out there that everyone can enjoy, I'd suggest one that may ruin friendships. Risk, Monopoly and Settlers of Catan are a few amazing board games that will challenge everyone and may result in a little backstabbing. Rivalry is good for the soul. Plus, these games are easily re-playable and can sometimes last hours. Its a great way to spend a night and pass the time with good friends.

4. Simply hang out

Some nights the best thing to do can simply be hanging out with friends. Put on some background music or a TV show and chat it up! Get to know each other a little better. Learn how to small talk so next time waiting in line at the grocery store isn't so cringy. Maybe make amends for that last game of Risk.

5. Actually do productive things

That big pile of laundry? Wash it! Got some homework to do? Finish it! Some dishes need putting away and the fridge needs to be cleaned? Ham it up! You get the idea. Even though your at home and its your relaxation time, getting those pesky things done that bug the back of your mind can make relaxing extremely more satisfying.