How to be C.O.N.F.I.D.E.N.T.

How to be C.O.N.F.I.D.E.N.T.

Everyone wants it, but how do we get it?

439
How to be C.O.N.F.I.D.E.N.T.
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/03/636609218269325331-1023687278_fullsizeoutput_5ff.jpeg

Confident is defined as being "sureofoneself;havingnouncertaintyaboutone'sownabilities, correctness, or successfulness." But how does one actually obtain confidence? Does it come with age & experience, or is it simply due to a lack of humility? Confidence and cockiness often get confused, however they are not the same thing. True confidence comes from within; not with our own ability, but within our hearts – where God is. In a world full of superficial confidence, here are nine tips in order to be truly C.O.N.F.I.D.E.N.T....

C - Community: I have heard it said that you are the sum of your five closest friends. Having positive, faith-filled friends behind you is vital to your confidence. Not only will they pick you up when you’re down, but celebrate with you in the midst of your success. They will continue to push you to become a better version of yourself. Pick your community wisely, never taking for granted the amazing blessing it is.

Encourage one another and build each other up. -1 Thessalonians 5:11

O - Overcomer: Life will give us plenty of difficult situations, however we have to be able to pick ourselves up and perservere. Jesus never said this life would be easy. In fact, He specifically said that we will have difficulties. But with Him by our side, we are all overcomers.

In this world you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world. -John 16:33

N - Natural: Be YOU. Don’t try to fit-in or mold to society’s ever changing standards. The most confident version of yourself is when you are truly being yourself. So be genuine, even in the midst of superficiality.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world. -Romans 12:2

F - Faith: We cannot be truly confident without God. He is the reason we are here, the motivation for today, and the hope for tomorrow. Confidence shines from the inside out, and God is the source of that light. Don't be afraid to let it shine.

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a lampstand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. -Mathew 5:14-16

I- Independent: If we are not confident in ourselves and by ourselves, then we are going to consistently put our confidence in someone else – a significant other, a friend, or even our social media profile. Having quality alone time is imperative in order to establish this inner-confidence. Spend time getting to know yourself; your likes and dislikes, your own opinions, and your ultimate goals and desires. You do not need anyone else to make you happy or "complete." With God, you are whole and complete inyourself. Believe in that and the confidence will follow.

If God is all you have, you have all that you need. -John 14:8

D - Determined: Know who you are, what you want, and how you want to get there. Stay on course when things get tough or don’t go as planned. Do not let others distract you or pull you away from your greater goals. To be confident you have to have confidence in your dreams and your ability to reach them. Don't give up, don't settle, don't second-guess the dreams and desires God placed in your heart.

Let us run with determination the race that lies before us. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. -Hebrews 12:1-2

E - Expandable: Never stop learning or investing in yourself. Always be open to constructive criticism from others and seek to improve yourself each and every day. Broaden your horizons, try something new (even if it’s scary), and keep an open mind in the midst of the many twists and turns of life.

Put these abilities to work; throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone may notice your improvement and progress. Keep a close watch on all you do and think. Stay true to what is right and God will bless you and use you to help others. -1 Timothy 4:15-16

N - Never Question Your Worth: You are a unique creation, a one-of-a-kind work of art, an original masterpiece. Know your worth – never allow yourself or anyone else tell you that you are less than. You matter, you add value to this world, and your worth does not change with successes or failures, breakups or mistakes.

You are worth far more than rubies. -Proverbs 31:10

T - Take Your Time: Slow and steady wins the race. This applies to so many areas of your life. Don’t rush through today in hopes that tomorrow will be better. We are only promised this very moment so why keep the past on replay or look to the future to save you? Just as in life, building confidence is a marathon, not a sprint.

Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. -Mathew 6:34

xo, Lex