How To Halloween

How To Halloween

5 Ways to Win at Halloween

22
How To Halloween

Despite it falling on the last day of the month, Halloween is typically the first thing that comes to mind when people greet October. Kids become excited for the one night of the year where they're allowed to indulge in as much candy as they can stomach, and the parents can only groan and chuckle at their kids' impending sugar high that they are going to have to deal with by the end of the night. The neighborhood slowly begins to evolve from Oct. 1 to Oct. 31st, as people begin setting out different decorations in their yards in order to express their growing excitement for the creepiest day of the year. Here are a few tips and tricks to get ready for the annual day filled with "BOOs!":

1. Carving the Jack-O-Lanterns:

You could be adventurous with your design, but those who aren't as artistically inclined as this pumpkin carver may want to stick with a simple toothy leer.

2. Get a black cat

Personally, I'd use any excuse to get a cat, but what better way to be in the Halloween spirit than to get an all black kitty?

3. Decorate your yard

It's always a good time walking up and down the aisles of a Halloween store picking out creepy items to lay out in your lawn. However, everyone has one of THOSE neighbors that gets a little heavy handed with the fake graves and skeletons so try and find a good balance!

4. Picking out your costume

Committing to a Halloween costume doesn't have to be a big struggle! If you really can't decide, as per "Mean Girls" philosophy, just add some animal ears to a little black dress and you're good to go! (Guys, this advice doesn't apply to you....)

5. Eat Candy

With all the candy you're expected to eat in one night, your stomach definitely needs time to prepare! Eat a few pieces a day starting Oct. 1, and gradually increase the amount as the holiday gets closer. This way you're guaranteed to be able to stuff your face with no worry of the candy stomach ache that dooms so many!