To the One Who Got Away
Dating

To the one who got away, from the one who wishes you were still here

I guess all I can really do is just try to take care of myself and move on the best I can because I don't know if I will ever get you back.

433
https://unsplash.com/photos/FvfK16cHRrE

Hey,

I know it's been a while, but I had a few things I needed to get off of my chest. I won't lie, you have been on my mind. I haven't forgotten about you, that's a fact. I'm sorry things ended the way they did. I wish it could have been better.

I wonder what our life would be like if we had started dating and if circumstances played out better. You really did make me laugh constantly, I definitely fell for your goofy personality. We had similar interests too, but in our own ways that made our relationship special. I could listen to you rave on and on about the things you love.

You were the first person I didn't feel pressure to not be myself around you. I didn't have anxiety with you like I had experienced with other guys in the past, and it was such a nice change. You made me feel beautiful and made sure I knew it even when I felt my worst. You made sure I knew I could talk to you about anything and you would listen. You were there for me no matter what. Until things started to get hard and things between us changed.

I could feel it, I didn't want you to slip away. Not you, you who was so kind to me, so caring. I didn't want to lose that. And I felt like I have.

I appreciate being able to still be in touch with you, but I feel like I can't talk to you when I'm not sure if you want to talk to me. It hurts. Even though I know we both don't want to lose each other completely, it definitely doesn't feel the same. My heart breaks a little every time I see your name, a picture of you, a post you make. Everything hurts because I feel like you don't want me. Or didn't want me.

I don't know what the case is exactly because I haven't gotten in touch with you in a while, but I don't really like how we left things. I know we both tried our best to figure things out, but there are some questions I need to get off my chest. Have you moved on? Was I good enough? Am I good enough for you? Do you still want to talk to me?

From the girl who wishes she could still be with you.