How To Land A Fun Summer Job
Health Wellness

How To Land A Fun Summer Job

How to get a job this summer that you'll actually like!

137
https://pixabay.com/photos/laptop-apple-macbook-computer-2557571/

I got home from college a little over two weeks ago and I was excited to be home for many reasons but I was also excited to be one of the first college students home for the summer because it gave me an advantage over all the other students applying for jobs. after applying to about five places, one finally got back to me and they hired me right away.

I was so excited to start but also a little nervous because I had never been a server before, I knew I had a lot to learn. I'm finally out of training and I really like my job, it's fun and I love the atmosphere.

To find a job you will enjoy, first figure out whether you want to work in a restaurant or not. A restaurant offers many different jobs such as a host, a server, a bartender, and many more. Many people want to become servers because you have the opportunity to make a lot of money. If you like talking to people or maybe you're not old enough to become a server yet, you could be a host. If you enjoy making drinks and entertaining people, you could be a bartender. Different personalities can find different jobs for them in every restaurant.

If working in a restaurant does not interest you, that's okay. Think about your hobbies or interests. If you like fashion, maybe you want to work in retail. Retail offers a huge variety from thrift stores to upscale boutiques, there is something for everyone. Working in retail would allow you to style mannequins and offer fashion advice to customers.

If none of these options interest you, there are other jobs out there. If you love to be around kids, maybe you should babysit this summer. There are always parents looking for part-time babysitters or full-time nannies during summer so maybe that is the job for you.

Maybe you want to focus on your future career this summer and take up an internship to expand your experience. Many companies offer full time and part time internships over the summer. If that interest you, look into it!

Everyone looks forward to summer as a break from schoolwork but that doesn't mean we have to sit around doing nothing all summer. Get a job or find your dream internship! Make good use of your time this summer.