Don't Waste Your Life By Not Dreaming Big

I'm chasing my dreams — and you should too.
275

5 years old, innocent and starving for knowledge.

"What's this?"

"Why is that person wearing those shoes?"

"How do you spell your name?"

That's where it all started. I wanted to be a scientist. Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. After that I wanted to be a photographer, followed by a writer; now I just want to make the world a better place. Through photography and writing, that is.

Every day, I'm daydreaming about a new success story. I'm thinking about my future photography business, pondering the opportunities I have at such a young age in the world. I have anything and everything that I could ever possibly want not only right in front of me, but also in my reach. Too many people believe that they don't because of their living situation, location, and "deciding" other factors.

That isn't true.

Changing the world can be as simple as walking young kids home from school every day, to donating any amount of money to a foundation that you support. Many young men and women have the chance to make the world a better place, they just have to know that they can do so.

Nowadays, everyone settles. Not many people have the mindset that they can do whatever they want in life. Following their "dream" is just another thing they don't believe is tangible. I say otherwise, I say you can do anything you put your mind to. I don't say that in an inconsequential way, I say that with meaning and hope that you will go out and take the world by storm.

YOU can do it.

YOU can be successful.

YOU can do ANYTHING you put your mind to, and you should NOT settle for any less.

What's your passion? Are you pursuing it?

Do you want to be a makeup artist, but you're settling with working at Subway? Ditch the visor and polo then go out and do a seriously awesome makeup job on someone. Post it on social media, develop a small business. Be the best at what you do. Do you want to be a photographer, but you're scared that your work isn't good enough? Well get to practicing and have a photo shoot every chance you get, self-educate, learn on Youtube — the opportunities are endless.

Graduate high school. Go to college, or don't go to college. Start a business with your best friend. Find something you love, and pursue it. Follow your heart.

I need my friends, family, and peers to know that the possibilities are endless. Go out and follow your dream. Put it in your heart, mind, and soul — don't give up on it and most importantly, just keep swimming.