Destressing Your Life One Step At A Time

College is a lot to adjust too, do not let stress get in the way.

31
Photo by Mike Bowman on Unsplash

If you are like me, you find it pretty easy to just let your stress overtake your life. Whether you have a math test you have not studied for, or an event you're stressed about, here are some things that just might help you out.

1. Make a list

When you have all of your to-do tasks written down right in front of you, it makes it a whole lot easier to realize what you need to get done

2. Create a calendar or schedule

Whether it be a weekly planner or a calendar, it always makes it easier when you can have your days planned out in front of you, dates and times are always a good thing to be aware of.

3. Take everything one step at a time

I understand that life often gets overwhelming, and you want to get as much done at once. But slow down, take a step back and do everything one thing at a time. The more you multitask, the more there is a margin for error.

4. Don't forget to breathe

Stress is stress and it gets overwhelming. But don't forget to take a break and just let yourself breathe. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

5. Talk to someone if you need to

I found it really helpful to talk to someone if I felt like my stress levels were getting to be too much. It helped a lot to get it all of my chest, so it is worth a shot to try talking to someone

I wrote this while I was really stressed about a statistics exam!! Enjoy and I hope it is helpful!!