4 tips to de-stress on weekends

4 tips to de-stress on weekends

Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is to relax.

505

Whether you are a worker or a student or both, chances are the weekends are your favorite days of the week, especially if you are not obliged to work or study on those days.

We are mostly worn out by almost every bit of task we carry out on weekdays. These tasks may not be exactly harmful to us but they take their toll on our physical and mental health and could bring us down if we don't manage them.

Weekends are the perfect solution to our problem but rather than take a step back to de-stress, too many people ruin their weekends by cramming it up with more tasks; they end up going into the new week all stressed out and unproductive.

If you want to make the best of your weekends, here are some ideas of what to do.

Plan ahead.

Whether you plan to party all through the weekend or you have plans to stay indoors, do chores and sleep, you will achieve next to nothing in terms of de-stressing if you don't map out how you intend for the weekend to go.

Take inventory of all you have to do, create time to just relax and do nothing and your weekend will be off to a great start.

Unleash the social media 'spirit'.

If you ignore all the talk about how social media is one of man's biggest distractions, you would come to see that it is just as needed at the right time.

As long as it is not during working or study period, map out sometime during the weekend to tour around all the social network sites that you have been ignoring all week.

Connecting with loved ones and making new friends could give you a sense of being loved, which is key to relaxing your nerves.

Clean, clean and clean.

There's no better time to clean your home than on weekends. In fact, if you work 9-5 on every working day, weekends might just be the only time you have to clean.

But how does doing chores relax you?

For starters, cleaning takes your mind off almost any other burden that you might have been harboring. Also, if you don't have the time to visit the gym, cleaning is the next best thing to help you break a sweat.

Cleaning wouldn't be like a punishment if you use the right aid. For example, cleaning your house floor will be a lot easier if you spend money to get one of the best steam mops rather than conventional ones.

Make sure to carve out time for the chores so that it doesn't take your entire weekend.

Don't compromise on your sleep.

Sometimes the only thing that you need to relax is a good long sleep.

Instead of staying up all day and all night to catch up to the latest episode of "How To Get Away With Murder", develop a healthy habit of taking good naps during the day and sticking to a relaxing nightly routine.