How To Cope With Rain In Los Angeles

How To Cope With Rain In Los Angeles

Hey, enjoy it while it lasts!

30
How To Cope With Rain In Los Angeles
Youtube

There are few more annoying and simultaneously fun things about Los Angeles than rain. People either have a firm child-like excitement or pessimistic disgust when it comes to this weather. Sure the down sides all relate to the majority of us having no experience driving in rain. I had a friend ask me where her windshield wipers were about two days ago. This is not a judgement because I can barely turn on a car, but this does speak to the level of inexperience Californians have in such weather.

In all honesty it's encouraging to realize we are experiencing so much rain because we have had such a drought for so many years. In all honesty the hillsides are going and the roads are flooding (in some cases sinking) so it's about time we did a checkup and some maintenance on how to restructure some aspects of our roads anyways. It's great to be able to see the hillsides with actual greenery instead of the usual dull browns and the occasional smattering of weeds. It's great to be able to look at that LA sky and feel nearly confident that the sunsets are created more by reality than the amazing ones we have that are caused in combination with the smog from our city. It's great to see people laughing together in the super markets and stores over the common concept that no one in LA has any clue how to put on rain boots let alone function; except the people who moved from other areas (shoutout to people from Portland, because ya'll really have it together in this weather). It's a blast to see the reaction on your passenger's face when accidentally driving through a puddle, because lets be honest neither of us really thought that it would look that cool.

Overall, this rain has been a fun break for LA people because we needed a little variety and at least we can tell visitors that even sunny California has a few off months and we proudly call this time of torrential rain our version of seasons. It's not completely qualified as an actual seasonal event, but we are so desperate to experience something other than summer that this downpour is now an LA extended winter season. It's also a great excuse to wear that fall fashion and truly get all the use possible out of that scarf bought last year or rummage around the cupboards for some hot chocolate and a blanket to just really enjoy this weather.

Whatever the case, there is always a little bit of fun and good combined with the fact that it's LA and rain is this city's best frenemy.