How To Conquer Your Frustration

If You Fill Every Minute Of Your Schedule With Work, You'll Feel Discouraged, Not Accomplished

Our feelings have more power than we think.

128

When we start doing work, we set out with the point of trying to get it done. I personally set time brackets in which I do a certain amount of work. In this, I assume how much time something will take me and work as efficiently as I can to finish in the allotted time bracket.

However, once in a while, the work takes me much longer than anticipated and I become frustrated. I cannot get the questions right or there is just too much work to make sense of. All I want to do is give up and eat ice cream and even if I do this, I feel anxious about the fact that my work is not done. I feel stressed and that doing any type of work is of no use because I can't do it anyway. How can I get out of this funk? Sometimes I think I never will. Or is it that I don't want to?

All of us have had a moment of hopelessness about school, friends, or just life in general. I think that the best way to get out of it is to step back from the environment. When I am stuck on an Aleks problem (chemistry online homework) and want to scream at the computer, I just leave my desk and go for a walk. Trying to clear your mind of all the frustration and stress that is building up is necessary to see things from a fresh point of view.

We often are blinded by the frustration we feel and that disables our ability to take a breath and just work calmly. Feeling the overwhelming emotions makes us lose track of all the good things we have and if we allow it to, it will consume us for much longer than we imagined. Take breaks with your work and leave time for yourself. If you fill every minute of your schedule with work, of course, you will feel discouraged. You will be burned out. Every time you notice yourself becoming angry, do something to calm yourself down. Our anger has the power to destroy us, but only if we let it.