How To Conquer Your Finals

How To Conquer Your Finals

You got this!

474
How To Conquer Your Finals
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/14/6365927061534594041471005509_adult-3052244_1920.jpg

The last few weeks of the semester are always the worst. It feels like everything is being thrown at you at once. Everyone is in a high stress mode at the end of the semester, due to the stress of finals, final projects, final papers, presentations and the list goes on.. Here are some tips that can help you conquer your finals.

#1 Make flash cards.

Making flashcards are the best, because you can bring them anywhere and study them anytime. For me this includes, on the train while I commute to school. Also, if you're more into flashcards online, Quizlet is great for this!

#2 Create your own study guide.

Making your own study guides is super helpful because you're putting the material into your own words. As a result, you were be able to memorize everything easier.

#3 Caffeine.

Whether it’s coffee or red bull, in my case it’s both, caffeine helps you go through the long days and nights of studying and preparing for finals.

#4 Sleep.

Because it’s so necessary. You need your rest, so you can perform best on your finals.

#5 Study breaks.

Have a snack. Breathe. Stretch. Take a break. Don’t study for too long. Always take 10-15 minute breaks to let yourself relax, then get back to it!

#6 Prioritize & plan.

Organization is key! This includes organizing your time to study. Set aside specific times on specific days to study for each of your individual finals. Make more time for the finals that you know will be harder for you.

#7 Teach the material you need to know.

By teaching someone else the material that will be on your final, you will be studying. For instance, you and a classmate could take turns teaching each other about what is on the final and it will be a win, win for both of you!

#8 Reorganize your notes.

Make sure all your notes are in order. Again, organization is key here! You will feel more prepared for your finals, if you organize your notes in order to help you study.

#9 Snacks.

Don't forget, food will help you survive finals! Make sure you get your favorite snacks for studying. Try to even sneak some healthy snacks in there. Specifically, ones that will help you get some energy.

#10 Pat yourself on the back!

Lastly, pat yourself on the back. Enjoy some well deserved me time, and be proud of yourself for making it through this semester!