8 Things I Wish I'd Known Before a Loved One Died

Ponder and cherish their presence.

177
https://unsplash.com/photos/NEae5yqr6r0

Life is a stage of experiences. We are born, raised, become adults, and eventually, seniors who will look back on our moments with fondness, regret, and or see them as lessons to be passed onto future generations. Here are 8 things I wished I realized before a loved one passed away.

1. Life is too short to be taken for granted.

2. All the struggles you experienced in life are meant to shape you.

3. Hug and say "I love you" more often

You might never get that opportunity again.

4. Laugh more often.

I wish I'd taken that advice when my maternal grandfather was alive. I've only realized it after he died.

5. All the things you accomplish are yours

Your loved ones are part of that journey. Be thankful, and don't wait until it is too late to thank them.

7. Manage your emotions

Every time you feel angry or sad at your loved one, remember that those feelings will turn into regret if they are gone the next day.

7. Cherish the memories with them.

You don't have all the time in the world.

8. Take lots of pictures

Too much is better than too little.

Define life through experiences rather than things. These 8 pieces of wisdom are what I've gathered so far.
What are yours? Live life. Most importantly, ask yourself the question: Have I loved my loved ones enough? Never stop loving them.
Whoever these people are, whoever he or she is, cherish them. Cherish their personality, embrace their flaws and realize the beauty and the essence of what makes them unique.
You are blessed with the gift of people who are an extension of your future you, the greatness that magnifies as you will realize how precious and short life is. Please don't waste another minute. As your loved one are still breathing and walking, hold their hands and ponder their presence.