Life is a stage of experiences. We are born, raised, become adults, and eventually, seniors who will look back on our moments with fondness, regret, and or see them as lessons to be passed onto future generations. Here are 8 things I wished I realized before a loved one passed away.
1. Life is too short to be taken for granted.
2. All the struggles you experienced in life are meant to shape you.
3. Hug and say "I love you" more often
You might never get that opportunity again.
4. Laugh more often.
I wish I'd taken that advice when my maternal grandfather was alive. I've only realized it after he died.
5. All the things you accomplish are yours
Your loved ones are part of that journey. Be thankful, and don't wait until it is too late to thank them.
7. Manage your emotions
Every time you feel angry or sad at your loved one, remember that those feelings will turn into regret if they are gone the next day.
7. Cherish the memories with them.
You don't have all the time in the world.
8. Take lots of pictures
Too much is better than too little.