How To Celebrate Spring Holidays While In Quarantine

Because holidays don't have to suck just because they're during a worldwide pandemic.

4
Youtube

When I opened Instagram the other day, my explore page was full of the usual Easter/spring themed DIYs that roll around during this time of year. As I was scrolling though the comments, I noticed a bunch of people saying that "Easter is cancelled" or "what's the point when corona's around."

Although our holiday celebrations will not be the same, I think we can still have fun and use these holidays as an excuse to forget about everything that's going on right now, or be grateful for those of us that still have the capacity to celebrate them from home.

1. Decorate your house

Youtube

Pull out the box in your garage and set up some eggs and stuffed bunnies. You can even just get some flowers from the grocery store or cut some from your garden. Anything decorations that can make your atmosphere happier and more lively will work.

2. Find a cute holiday outfit

One of my favorite things about Easter and spring holidays is getting dressed up. Even though you can't go anywhere, it's still fun to put on a floral dress to get in the festive spirit.

3. Attend a virtual religious service

If you usually attend a service as a way of celebrating your holiday, check your local church, temple, or mosque website to find out when they are streaming their virtual services. Even some cable stations are live streaming the ceremonies.

4. Make some crafts

Youtube

Dye some eggs, color in a bunny, make a Matzah cover, or cut out a Ramadan lantern. It may be a little childish, but it's also nostalgic and wholesome fun.

5. Cook a festive meal

Youtube

Food is great. You deserve a feast just as you would usually. Spend some time to put together the meal you would make if your were throwing a party. Just maybe with fewer portions.

6. Make spring baskets

Youtube

Fill up a basket full of festive candy and give it to your quarantine buddies (or just to yourself). I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny doesn't have Covid-19.

7. Call loved ones

Youtube

Make sure to keep in touch with the people you'd normally see on these occasions. Social distancing is hard for everyone, especially your grandparents and other family members. Zoom, call, or even text them. Just because you aren't together physically, doesn't mean you can't be together virtually.

I know celebrating these holidays won't be the same this year as it was before, but hopefully it won't stop your traditions. Use this time as a way to forget about the craziness that's happening around the world and have a little fun.

From Your Site Articles