How To Care For Women Who Have Been Mistreated and Forgotten.

Be the man she has always needed.

24
AnswersAfrica

Lets start this off by stating the obvious fact here. Mistreating women is a grotesque thing that should never happen under any circumstances. It's already bad enough that the world has basically turned it's back on our fellow women; but now we make matters worse by stepping over them like unwanted garbage. We can all agree that most women don't feel this way about themselves; but what about the ones who have been used all of their lives? They can't quite come back to a normal reality because they never experienced what normal can feel like.

Furthermore, they can't get the healing and love they need from men around the world and that's because we choose to go out of our way to ignore them. Most men think to themselves, "why bother" and "they are far too emotional to deal with" only because they don't want (damaged goods). It's almost the same philosophy most people use when they drive past thrift stores or garage sales. Why deal with someone else's property when I can just go get the same thing brand new? (This is actually really prevalent in our day in age.)

Although, there is nothing wrong with this mentality, but we she also take into consideration that most of these women are wonderful human beings that deserve love just like anyone else. Lets look at it this way. We could go to the local plant store and buy a packet of rose seeds to plant in your front garden. You take said seeds home and plant them and water them each and every day, but you completely forgot about the ones you planted weeks ago. You come across the old roses and notice that they have withered and lost all of their wonderful colors, but they are not quite dead yet. You were being neglectful and preoccupied by the new plants growing in your front yard that you forgot to check your old ones in the back. Your friend comes by and takes the old flowers off your hands and plants the roses in the front of his house and waters them every day and keeps the harmful bugs away. Also, they get the same amount of sun your new roses get and in a couple of days they are back to their beautiful shade of red.

It can be seen from the above analysis that, a man with a strong nurturing hand can bring anything back to life with just patience and the will to love it with everything in his heart. Why can't the same be said about our mistreated women around the world? It might take extra effort and some TLC, but at the end of the day she will blossom into a woman worthy of your patience and love. There are obviously steps you need to take to make sure she understands that you wont hurt her in anyway and that you won't leave her side when times get tough.

• Showing her compassion and understanding of her past should normally be first.
  • Letting her know what she went through wasn't her fault.
  • Reassuring her how important she is to you whenever she feels a little distressed or beside herself. (You should always do this with any woman)
  • Make it a routine to be around her, so that she knows you enjoy her company.
  • Make her feel like her ideas and voice are an important aspect of your life. (This will let her know that what shes says can be important. While also giving her the power to speak her mind and not hide her emotions.)
  • Show her that she is a wonderful part of your daily life by bringing her around friends and family. (This shows her that you are not embarrassed to be seen with her and it would probably boost her self-esteem to know that more people appreciate her being with you vise-versa.)
  • Value her as someone who is equal to you and never make her feel like she is beneath you.
  • Establish early trust with her and make sure she knows you have nothing to hide from her. (Most women who have been misused and abused already come with built in trust issues, so make sure to tell her everything and anything she wants to know!)
  • Give her space if she really needs it and let her come to you for comfort when shes ready. (THIS CAN'T BE RUSHED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!)
  • Always keep your ears open because you never know when she will want to open up about everything she has gone through. (Once again, don't rush this. It takes time.)
  • BE PATIENT, BE PATIENT, BE PATIENT.
  • Lastly, learn to love her from her soul and everything else will fall into place. (Obviously there are more steps to follow, but I think this are the ones that hit home for my important list.)

In conclusion, I dedicated this article to someone I currently hold dear to me and I wanted to show her that there is still a light at the end of the tunnel. ( Hopefully this makes her feels appreciated and loved.(T.R.G) If you know of any other women struggling through life because of what they have gone through. Let them read this and tell them everything will be okay. There will be a day in the future when all of this will become a reality. If you have no one, then you at least have a writer like me putting the good word out of all the women mistreated. (Sounded less corny in my head when I said those exact words at the end.)