How To Be Successful From The Perspective Of A College Student

Yes I am only a freshman but I know I have figured out how I am going to be successful.

1895
PxHere

If you are wondering how to be successful, all it takes is embedding one thing into your brain.

I started to develop this mentality at the end of 2017 and now, as I begin my midterms for my second semester here at Arizona State, I find this way of living to benefit me more than I ever thought it would.

Throughout my entire first semester, I doubted myself.

I had this track stuck on repeat in my brain that told me I peaked in high school.

It constantly played while I was in my dorm watching Snapchat stories of my friends that were working on a new creative project. It played while I walked passed students being interviewed for their latest contributions to society. It played as I ate my favorite junk food and drank sugary drinks while scrolling through fitness pages on Instagram.

This track was eventually deleted from the files in my brain and replaced by something that gave me the inspiration to wake up every morning.

I can tell you that the track didn't disappear overnight and that it still, to this day tries to come back.

The thing about the old words that used to replay unconsciously within my thoughts is that they were my own.

There was never a witch who cast a spell on me that forced me to have the mindset of a failure.

There was only me, who did it to myself.

So through dozens of conversations with my closest friends, I figured out the way to become successful:

Before I let you in on my secrets, I want you to relax your thoughts and bring your life goals to the edge of your mind.

I want you to put what you want to do, what you want to be, who you want to meet, where you want to go, right in front of your eyes.

Keep these goals in front of you every single day you are alive and each time these goals resurface to the edge of the mind, there is just one thing you need to do.

This is the key to anyone who wants to be successful:

As you are imagining your goals and picturing exactly what you want your future to look like,

you need tospeak it into existence.

I truly mean it. When you are asked what your goals are, do not say you want to be, say you are going to be. When debating with yourself on if you can achieve something, stop saying you won't and start saying you are going to. When you think of yourself becoming successful do not hesitate and just say it, I am going to be successful.

Yes, I completely understand that is the most cliche piece of advice you have ever heard and you probably are thinking to yourself, "Self-manifestation, we get it are you trying to be Russ?"

Let me assure you that manifesting is the reason I am where I am today.

I went into my own mind and looked through each file until I found the track labeled "peaked in high school." I personally watched myself destroy it into a million pieces and replace it with "I am going to."

I am going to make new friends this semester.

I am going to get an internship this summer.

I am going to be a first-generation college graduate.

I am going to be a successful movie producer.

I am going to inspire millions to want to follow their dreams.

Whether you speak small goals like making friends into existence or even long-term career goals, I promise you that your life is going to change. A few weeks after I plugged this new track into my brain I found myself automatically choosing to live a life that was dedicated to reaching my goals.

I usually stay quiet in an unfamiliar setting, yet recently I have begun to instinctively introduce myself to people I have never met before.

I developed a new found love for school, I look forward to educating myself on an industry that I will soon be a part of.

I used to not care what others thought of my online personal but because I want to be an inspiration I have begun to take caution. Nearly every post I publish, every tweet I send, and each retweet, has a purpose.

My life has changed drastically because I woke up and made the conscious decision to break a thought that was killing me from the inside.

Whatever your track is saying to you that is making you believe that you aren't good enough can be destroyed. The track that is telling you that you will never make it, can be replaced by a voice encouraging you to follow your dreams.

In contrary to what you probably think, I do not want you to begin this mentality right now.

This is not the point in the article where you read some bullshit that says,

"Now it is your time, after reading through this one article I hope you immediately feel like you are ready to conquer the world, be infinitely happy, and never stop trying to reach your goals."

I understand that changing your way of thinking takes time, lots of it.

You shouldn't try to force yourself into this mentality within the next couple of hours because doing so will most likely end with giving up.

Also, don't try to kill that horrible track this instant because it won't work, I know it first hand.

Getting rid of that voice will feel like a never-ending battle but soon enough you will find yourself listening to a brand new piece of art that makes you feel indestructible.

I want you to process what you have read and begin to build your new way of life in 48 hours. Maybe come back to this article, reread it a time or two and even research about speaking what you want into existence. Do everything you can within the next two days to prepare yourself for a new path in life.

Whether you approach this journey alone or with someone by your side, never forget to believe in yourself. You are your own worst critique and you have to choose every day to strive for your goals. No one else can create your future except for you, so stop thinking you can't.

Start speaking it to not only yourself but to the world that you are going to be successful and that is how you get there.