"Adulting" Is Just Called Being Responsible

How to be young and responsible.

145
ICCA-CHEM

I am young and responsible. This is a sentence that is not commonly uttered by a 20 year old. However, I am. I'm not gonna describe and preach about all the things I do or have done, just know that I am young and responsible. To be young is easy, but it is fleeting. However, to be responsible is a whole different story that some people take their whole lives to read. Now, I am not always responsible and no one is always responsible, sometimes being irresponsible is the key to a little bit of happineess. However, just make sure that a little bit of irresponsiblity does not have lasting consequences. This is what I would like to call being responsibly irresponisble.

For example, let your hair down and stay out late with friends, but do not put yourself in a predicament where you will not be able to get home or wake up on time for work at 9 am. Know that being responsible doesn't mean you can't go out to a nine dollar movie because you're afraid of karma and spending money.

The most responsible people I have met are people who let loose on a weekly basis. THey are people who are not tied up at their jobs on the weekends becasue they are afraid of all the work they have to do on monday. Yes these people deserve a medal for going above and beyond but they also have to learn to take a break which is a lesson I have personally struggled with.

Anyways my main point of this article is to keep yourself in perspective, keep your responsibilities in line, but be responsibly irresponsible. Like spend the 9 dollars at the movies but don't spend another 9 dollars just buying popcorn and a drink ( we all know everyone sneaks in snacks to movies, so just do that). Know that being responsible isn't a chore and that "adulting" isn't a thing because like I said before some adults do not even know what responsibility is and personally " adulting" means being responsible for yourself and your own actions.

So, don't get mad at what you have to do or your own specific circumstances. Deal with the cards you have been dealt and move on. Do what you need to do to be you and have fun at times. Do what makes you happy but also a stable person who will benefit from the responsibilties that are part of his or her everyday life.