Ways To Be Lazy, Yet Effective From Day to Day

Believe or not, you can actually get things done without leaving your house!
79

We have all had those days that we really just don't want to do anything. They typically consist of lounging around in sweats and eating Ramen or leftover pizza for all three meals. I usually finish a whole package of Oreos or Hot Cheetos during these days (or both depending on how gross I want to feel later on. These lazy days don't have to be completely worthless, believe it or not, you can actually get stuff done without leaving your house! Here are eight things you can do when you just really don't want to see the outside world.

1. Clean your room!

We all have that one chair that collects piles of clothes, shoes, trash, or basically whatever you don't feel like putting away. Instead of laying in your bed the whole day, go through that pile and sort it out! It will make your room look so much better and will give you somewhere to sit on other than your bed. You also may find something you thought you lost!

2. Catch up on school work.

It's easier to suggest doing work on a lazy day than actually doing it. To get motivated, plan on rewarding yourself once you finish your work. Also, turn the TV off while you are trying to get everything done, trust me it will improve your work and will get rid of any distractions.

3. Organize your pantry/ fridge.

Coming from someone who had a hobby of organizing her family's pantry when she was younger, I can tell you, this is actually a lot of fun. While doing this, throw out anything that is old or no one eats anymore. You really feel like your life is put together when your food is organized. Your pantry or fridge will end up looking a little bit like this:

4. Treat yo self.

Treat yo self! Nothing is better than taking a long, hot shower, putting on a face and hair mask, painting your nails, and finishing it all with a blowout while doing some online shopping. You will feel like a beautiful, clean goddess and your skin will be thanking you for the next few days.

5. Read a book.

Yes I know reading isn't everyone's favorite thing to do in this world, it's definitely not mine, but when you find the right book it's actually pretty fun. Plus you won't feel as bad for watching "A Real Housewives of New Jersey" marathon for eight hours straight if you follow it up with a book.

6. Workout!

No, you don't have to go to the gym to get a good workout! Get off the couch and get fit! There are plenty of easy at home workouts that you can find on Instagram, and you can even watch TV while doing most of them. The best part is, is that you don't even have to see anyone you know while getting all sweaty and gross! It's truly a "get the best of both worlds" to workout in the comfort of your own home.

7. Cook!

With your newly organized pantry and fridge, find something good to cook. You don't even have to be the best chef- no one is eating your food but you!

8. Call your grandma.

I know you probably haven't spoken to her in a while and nothing excites grandma's more than getting a random call from their grandchild. Don't you want to make your grandmother happy?