How The Left Lied About Israel

How The Left Lied About Israel

There is no more ethics in journalism...
277

Following President Trump's move of the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, protests erupted in Gaza along the border with Israel. Violent clashes between the Israeli forces and the Palestinian protesters soon followed with Israeli forces fatally wounding around 58 according to CNN.

Coverage from left-leaning news outlets such as CNN and NBC took the side of the protesters calling their demonstration "peaceful" and maintaining that the protesters were unarmed. Ironically, in the video footage on CNN, you can clearly see Palestinian men hurling Molotov cocktails at the border wall. I don't know about you but throwing homemade incendiary grenades is not particularly peaceful. And again in the same news story, CNN links a tweet in which you can hear Palestinians opening fire on Israeli drones dropping tear gas.

It has been maintained by these organizations that these were wrongful killings as the protesters were peaceful even though their own footage says otherwise, but that is not the crux of the problem. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt for a second and say they were just misguided.

But wait, leaders of the terrorist organization Hamas were seen on local news stations claiming that 50 if not more of the "protesters" killed were Hamas operatives. According to the New York Post, " Salah Bardawil said 50 of the 62 protesters killed by Israeli Defense Forces were members of the Iranian-backed group, which controls Gaza".

Hamas even admitted to using women and children as cover for their plans to break through the border separating Israel from Gaza. It is now also known that at least three more who were killed were members of the Palestinian Authority, another terrorist organization operating in the region. These killings do not seem so indiscriminate when almost all of those killed in the protests were members of terrorist organizations.

Of course, this never made the front pages as the only story the left cared to push were that innocent lives were lost and did not stop NPR from trying to push a false narrative against Israel. Steve Inskeep of NPR reported, "I'm Steve Inskeep reporting from Gaza. We're in this territory at the western border of Israel where Israeli troops killed many people yesterday as they were trying to leave. Gaza health officials put the death toll at at least 60." Inskeep even goes on to talk with protesters about their homemade kites brandished with swastikas.

Inskeep says to the man, "The Israelis know that people are flying kites with swastikas. They know this, and they use it to discredit you, to say this shows you're bad people. What do you think about that?". The man literally responds with, "his is actually what we want them to know, that we want to burn them".

Well Steve, how does it feel to be openly backing terrorists in a campaign against a legitimate, sovereign nation?