How the End of Summer Feels as Told by Chris Traeger

14
Bustle

Towards the end of July, every student has to face the inevitable. Summer is almost over.

No matter how hard you try to ignore it.

And most college students start appreciating the final weeks with their parents and siblings.

But then it's time to get school supplies and buy/rent all the textbooks you'll need this semester.

And after what feels like hours of comparing prices, every book is finally ordered, and it only cost a few hundred dollars.

And then you have to nervously track them every day to make sure you will have them all in time for the first day of school.

And with move in day fast approaching it's time to start packing. Which can get emotional because it means summer is over.

And in an attempt to pretend summer isn't ending, you procrastinate and keep yourself distracted.

But then you have to face the dreaded trip to Target, where you have to figure out what you still need for your dorm room.

Which can turn out to be surprisingly fun.

Until you have to justify to your mom why she needs to buy you a new rug, dishes, vacuum, crockpot and anything else that happens to match the color of your bedding.

New school supplies and dorm decor can raise your spirits.

But then you remind yourself that soon you'll have to wake up at 7:00 a.m.

But at least you have the drive back to college with your parents to look forward to.

And then you'll be reunited with your friends.

So there are some good things about summer ending.

And you can hope this will be the best school year so far.

Or you can just hope next summer gets here fast.

But either way it's a good idea to try and remain positive.