How Technology Is Slowly Altering Our Relationships
Lifestyles

How Technology Is Altering Our Relationships

Technology is rapidly becoming an exceedingly vital part of our daily lives. Today, it has totally taken over our lives, we use it for every little thing, and it has without any doubts forever changed the way in which we keep in touch with the rest of the world.

56

Technology is swiftly becoming an incredibly indispensable part of our daily lives. Today, it has entirely taken over our lives, we use it for every tiny matter, and it has without any reservations permanently altered the method in which we stay in touch with the rest of the world.

The position has become even more moving for people who use social media sites continuously during the day. On the outside, these people seem to be very popular and hectic, with a ton of friends and supporters.

Sadly, most of them have never and presumably will never meet one other in person or even talk on the phone. Still, they communicate with many of those people on a daily basis, but only a very few of those are part of their actual lives.

Not to mention, numerous of us wish to share the most personal and confidential details of our private lives on a public platform. This practice is gradually becoming more of the new way of socializing, depreciating earlier held notions of privacy, safety, and private space.

One can argue that there are many advantages to doing all this; still, there are many outcomes that one must keep in mind. We need to investigate the kind of impact this has made on our daily lives and how we communicate with one another.

The way we discover new people for friendship and relationship has radically transformed. Online matchmaking sites have grown into the new standard of how people find someone for a potential new relationship or indeed a soul mate.

This has become very popular for young professionals who are out of college but not yet resolved into family life. The main purpose being, such people, have minimum occasions to meet new people, besides at their workplaces, which is frequently professional.

In today's hectic modern world, some people find that the most natural way to meet someone special or even someone to socialize with is from one of the online social networking sites. Ironically, these people relax at home and assume to meet someone exciting without having ever to leave the pleasure of their sofa.

The way we interact and talk with others has transformed as well. In the process, we ignore how we used to have real discussions and chat with others more communicatively.

The fact is that we may even be wasting the strength to expose our powerlessness, the main factor in creating deep or significant connections. Instead of confronting our shortcomings or accepting those of others, we are often found liable for falling for our own online alternative artificial egos and fascination over the nearly flawless but hollow personality, what we are neglecting is that one of our most basic need as a human being is to have a real tangible human connection and passion with others.

On the other side, there are some positives too for this technological evolution. The social media sites have succeeded in generating more openness and multifariousness, an option to interact creatively, to be united with other like-minded people, to communicate with different perspectives, and to reveal typically held restrictions to stimulate positive social activism.

With typing words on a gadget as the prime form of interaction, the rules of our language have also gone through an abbreviated reconstruction. Such abbreviations have converted into how we have adapted ourselves to type as little as possible, and they make very little to no sense at all to the past generation.

These text messages may seem like a new script or possibly even an international language to some of us who are not pinned on to social media or texting. Or one may claim to call it modern day rhyme of its own type, the one that only the social media savvy can follow.

The amount of time we spend in conversations has not really altered, but the way we interact has evolved extensively. There is very little actual talking in person or over the phone, over a cup of tea or perhaps a game of cards.

Most often, the way we interact today is done through text messaging, either from our phones or via one of the social media sites. Most of us are sinful of sending a short text message rather than seeing the person in real or even picking up the telephone to have a real chat with a friend or family member.

The smartphone has given all of us internet in our pods. Most people have mobile phones these days and a ready path to the internet wherever they want, making it more accessible than ever before to always remain in touch notwithstanding of where they are or what they are accomplishing.

On the other side, the continuous access and ubiquity of smartphones have generated a somewhat fantasy that we are all always accessible at any time of the day or the night with just a touch of a button. This puts a ridiculous amount of weight on us with virtually no real alone time when we can be actually away from our phones.

It does not matter if we are operating from home, or if we are ill or if we are just not in the mood for immediate pleasure. We can never be genuinely unwinding or resting, at least not in the real sense of the word.

We get irrationally anxious when a loved one doesn't reply to our text message or email nearly right away. We get stressed about why that person didn't answer, if they are doing fine, if they are ill, if they are in some problem, if they are upset with us, etc., etc.

Of course, the real possibility is, however, that they may belong to a small part of the population who have not yet been absorbed in by the gyre of the online world. Or possibly, they have turned off their phone to do something practical in their so-called practically real life.

Things get a little more moving when it comes to talking with our significant other. The most exciting fact is that this is not about how we communicate with our spouse when we are away from each other.

It is absolutely fine to send a text message throughout the day just to check on our loved ones or ask or tell them something relevant, and technology has in fact enhanced the closeness in our relationship as it has empowered us to be continuously pinned on to each other regardless of where we are at any given point in time. The sad part is when we text our spouse to ask them if they want soy sauce or mustard, when they are indeed sitting in the other part of the same room or the next room.

This is how technology has sneaked into the nerves of our ordinary lives. The key lies in obtaining a wholesome balance between how technology can improve our lives and how it can destroy it.

The tech titans are the ones who invented this, and they are the ones who must teach and generate consciousness about how new technology can make our lives more manageable than more obscure. How we can formulate suitable barriers that permit the technology influence to be more positive than negative, and ways in which we can intensify our existing relationships with ourselves and of course, with other people in our life.

There are so many startups that are launching websites where the younger and even the older generation can potentially connect with other like-minded people from all over the world, one such site is ispace1 network to find new friends, love, romance, relationship, dating, affair, and EZ solutions. These kinds of portals are slowly becoming the new norm for how people connect with others, and this new trend is only going to become increasingly popular in the coming years.