5 Ways To Survive Hell Week

5 Ways To Survive Hell Week

A short guide on how to survive midterm week.
60

It's already October and midterms are approaching fast. Stress levels are at an all-time high and you really just contemplate dropping out right now and taking that next flight halfway across the world. However, you have to find that shimmer of motivation left in you to pull through the hell week. With that, here are 5 things that are a MUST to survive hell week.

1. Caffeine

Possibly the most obvious answer, caffeine. Whether you get your daily kick from coffee, tea, or an energy drink, caffeine is a must for those last nights cram study sessions. Without coffee, I wouldn't be able to make it to my morning class or survive studying at night.

2. Supportive friends

I LOVE my roommates; if they weren't there for me during this hell week I probably would have died of all my stress. My friends/roommates would cook for me, bring me coffee, or just do small favors to help me out when I'm busy and stressed.

3. Naps

I'm being 100% real when I say naps are my definite life saver. If I didn't take a nap after staying up until 5 am studying for my 9 am class, I probably would not have been able to summon the energy to continue doing homework and studying for the rest of the day. Some people are so against naps and I don't understand why because without them, I definitely would have collapsed by now.

4. Remembering fall break is near

I'm not sure if all schools have this, but mine definitely does. Fall break is definitely a major blessing given to us after midterm week. We get a blissful 4 day weekend to leave all of our academic worries at home.

5. Self-Motivation

Alright, now this is a huge thing. Self-Motivation is something that is hard for a good amount of people to achieve. It goes hand in hand with responsibility, but sometimes the sweet temptation of Netflix and procrastination is too much. But in order to survive and finesse those good grades you want, you have to discipline yourself.