How to Play the Girl Card Right

How to Play the Girl Card Right

Keep Up With The Boys Without Turning Into One.

1001

Hanging with the guys can be tricky.

These tips will help you play your cards right.

1. The "I'm like one of the boys" card.

Guys love it when girls aren’t afraid to mess up their manicure and roll around in the dirt. Throw in a few light cuss words and laugh a little. Act like one of the guys.

Play this card with guy friends or a potential new man in your life. Most guys will let their guard down when they can relate to you unless he is Edward Cullen and loves you so much but secretly wants to drink your blood. 

2. This tip will save your entire hand.

When I said roll around in the dirt, don’t take it to the next level of manliness. Guys don’t find it attractive when girls eat like they haven’t seen food in years or have armpit hair longer than theirs. Make sure your presence as a woman is still known. This is not one of the girl cards to play, but a tip that'll save your entire hand: don’t be one of the guys.

3.The "I'm a lady, but I am a down-to earth human" card

Let’s say you chug a beer with one of the guys and an incredibly loud burp rolls out. Follow it up with an “Omg, eww, excuse me, that never happens!” and you've played this card. And if you still feel totally like a dude, apply some lipgloss or throw in a hair flip. Nothing screams girl more than make-up and playing with your hair. Always counter-balance your inner bro-side and outer femininity.

4. The "I'm not like every other girl" card

This common card is a bluff most guys fall for. Pet peeve number one of most guys is when girls hate each other and make it known. If you don’t like a girl because she is a slut or a stuck-up broad, just be nice. Kill with kindness. And most likely, if the girl is as bad as you know she is, you will be able to listen to the guys talk about her when she leaves. 

5. The "but I'm still a girl card".

Let’s face it. Guys do not want to lose. Guys like to think they can win everything whether us girls are “decent” or not. During a competitive game, start to lose a little. When their confidence is up, make a mistake. For instance, if you are playing darts and he is winning, don’t steal his thunder. Instead, miss completely and ask for a redo with a sly smile on your face.  Nine out of ten times he will let you. It’s a win-win situation; the boys have their ego intact and the ladies know they are the reason for it. 

6. The "subtle miss independent" card

This may seem counter-intuitive considering the previous point, but I’m not telling you to belt out Kelly Clarkson’s “Miss Independent” song. Yes guys like it when girls need them, but they also like girls to want them. Show that you are accomplishing your goals without a man’s help. Don’t dumb yourself down to bimbo status or appear to not have a single muscle in your body. Sure, ask for the buff guy next door to help move in your furniture. Make sure you are carrying the other side of the couch with him.  Don’t be afraid to show some independence.