How Office Supplies Can Change Your Life | The Odyssey Online

How Office Supplies Can Change Your Life

It's not an addiction-- it's a lifestyle.

188
http://www.manorgroupuk.com

Hi,

My name is Ashley, and I’m addicted to office supplies. I guess my addiction started when I was 15 and entered high school, and finally had the freedom to customize how I took notes, planned my days and organized my locker. It started out as just getting what I needed, just a few notebooks and a pack of cheap pens. However, it quickly spiraled into an addiction. I began to explore the Wal-Mart pen section, and the difference between ballpoint pens and gel pens (and yes, there is a difference). I soon sought put the perfect pen, testing out the display pens in Target and asking my friends which was their favorite pen. I distinctly remember my friend Easton showing me a pen in Spanish class that changed my life (I have since purchased and gone through several of these pens).

Now that I’ve explained part of my addiction, I can tell you why you should step up your office supply game. First off, the right pen/pencil set can change your life. Being able to change between colors and style of pens can help you study, as you can use different colors to signify the level of importance. Color coding can also help with an outline for a chapter, or a study guide. You just have to find the style and colors that work for you.

I’m also obsessed with planners and bullet journals. Planners can be bought already set up for your use, and if you’re an incoming freshman, I highly recommend investing in one. They provide an easy way to track important events, class times, caf times, and due dates for homework and tests. They help keep you on top of things, as long as you use it and keep it updated. Bullet journals are similar to this, but are completely up to you in their creation. If you don’t know what a bullet journal is, I highly recommend you YouTube it and see if it’s the right fit for you! But a quick explanation of it, is a planner and journal in one. It helps keep you organized and inspired and it is such a great tool for a creative mind. This type of planner can also act as a stress relief. For me, seeing my life on a page and set up helps me feel calm and in control of my busy life.

Highlighters are my life. Seriously. They make studying so much easier, and are proven to help you remember information. You can color code, and these make key points stand out in a text book, or even in your own notes. They come in so many different forms and can be a useful tool, should you choose to use it.

Lastly, I recommend finding a good note system. Whether that is having one notebook per class, manila folders, or binders, these can make your life (and grades) better. Notes are a must in college and how you do it will help keep you on top of everything.

I love office supplies, and back to school is easily one of my favorite times of the year. So don’t be afraid to look at the office section of Wal-Mart, and experiment with how you want to handle this upcoming school year. It can become an addiction, but honestly, is that so bad to have?

Always,

Ash