How Not To Be The Annoying Freshman

How Not To Be The Annoying Freshman

Aka skip the embarrassment.

909
How Not To Be The Annoying Freshman
Priscilla Du Preez // Unsplash

1. Get a Map

It's the most obvious and depending on your campus, not just freshmen need help to find a classroom. However, at the beginning of every year, I see freshmen and their maps and they always ask where things are. While I have sympathy, I also get annoyed when it's the tenth time I've been asked where the dining hall is. Most campuses have a guided walk for their freshmen to get to know the campus and find the buildings their classes are in, take it and help us upper class-men guide the newbies around.

2. Don't wear you Lard around your neck

If you like the dorky look, rock it! If not put in your pocket like the rest of us cool kids.

3. All the college gear

Yeah, if it's a game day or an event sure! That is great you are showing pride. If you are on student council even better, we can identify you! But every day? You wear campus gear to let people know where you go, we are here and we know that you are too.

4. Still Wearing Your high school Gear

You belong to us now, forget your old school... It's sweet but only in the cute little freshman way.

5. Calling the Professors 'teacher'

This is also a cute freshman thing, but it is important that you do not call them the teacher. They have PhDs and have done years of research, as well as teaching when they most likely want to get back to their work. It is a respect thing, just like they should call you by the name you want.

6. Saying you have tried 'drugs' when you have clearly not

Yes, we know you are lying. We all were there. Be safe, and be honest. Most of the time there will be a bunch of people who want a make a party of it! They want to see your first time, see how you like it! But be safe, no your limits!

7. Walking in a pack

It is great you are making new friends! Enjoy them, it what gets you through college and helps make it one of the best years of your life! But dear lord, please do not take up the whole path! Other people are trying to walk, and if you have no clue where you are going you are walking too slow for those who are an hour late to their lectures.

Remember, I am just a senior ready to leave college. What do I remember about being a freshman? All I really know is that this is the time to explore, get lost a bit, and find your way in life. So enjoy, and if you wanna pretend to skip the freshman years, I hope my list helped at least a bit!