How New Year's eve is my family's Christmas

It's like Christmas,but not!

47
google

How New Year is my family's Christmas

Growing up in a Muslim home, celebrating Christmas was always out of the question. As the majority of the christian population would ask What would we do then for the wonderful month of December I've always had the pleasure of informing them on the New years eve traditions my family had. The most random fact of all is that we do infact have a Christmas tree!

Our New years eve is like every chritian or cathloic's christmas, let me explain. On New year's eve my family cooks up a big dinner which usually starts at 6pm loaded with the traditional festive meal options, along with the non-alcholic sparkiling cocktail and cheesecake assortment platter.

After the mouth watering meal that my whole family partakes in is the at-home winter concert performed by my sister on the violin and myself on the clarient. Follwing the beautiful renditions of everyon's favorite holiday songs is the dangerous and competitve family bingo. Except this bingo isn't as boring and bland as it seems, this bingo is equipt with the prices of $10 each round which my family and I take very seriously. Yes this fairly simple game of fate is a huge role in our night.

Then of course much like Christmas my family exchanges gifts to eachother. Which is always exciting and sweet. Then finally as the count down comes to a close we all do sctrach out lottery tickets in hopes of the new year bringing good fortune.

You see that's exactly how we see New Year, as a time of good fortune, new beginings and celerbration. That's why you see muslims, like ourselves celerbrating very heartfeltly a holiday that others brush past.