How Math Helped Me Explain My Life

How Math Helped Me Explain My Life

How to solve for X.

74
How Math Helped Me Explain My Life
wordpress

How do you define X?

What does X mean to you? It could mean kisses, X marks the spot, or simply just a letter. As a student I’ve been trained to always solve for X.My entire life has been spent solving for a letter in a class that I absolutely hate! Sorry to all the math majors out there but some of us were just not born with the ability to do the math. My brain physically rejects division, calculus, and don’t even get me started on statistics.

As much as I despise numbers and have hated every math class I have ever taken, I learned one of the most powerful lesson while in a math class.

That lesson was how to solve for X. My brain took this very literal question and made it metaphorical. It started as what does X equal? Then turned into how did X get there? After thinking about it for a while I turned the math problem and related it to my life. How has this event (X) impacted my life? What did X= for me? Throughout the last year and the many struggles, I faced I constantly was trying to figure out how or why these bad and good things would happen. How has this terrible thing impacted my life at all for the better?

After each important event or occurrence in my life, I’ve learned to reflect and think about what that meant in my life. How did it change me? What did I learn? How can I be better from it? How would my life be different if I made this decision? By doing this I’m able to put in perspective how insignificant silly small things are and how important certain things have been in my life.

So, what does x= for you?