How Ice-Cream Gave Me A New Vision About Life

Even a simple thing as an ice-cream can teach you life lessons.

33

It is summer time and many people love to eat ice-cream during this time to refresh themselves from the warm weather. When I was a child I loved eating ice-cream. Ice-cream was like a treat to me and oftentimes my parents would buy me ice-cream when I did good in school or behaved well. However, I know as absurd as it sounds, ice-cream has taught me many life lessons at a young age. I learned how to control my wants and needs. I learned how to share with others. The most important thing I learned is that I have to work hard for whatever I want in life. When I was younger the things I wanted were as simple as an ice-cream but now that ice-cream represents bigger things I want in life such as having dreams and goals about things I want to do in the future.

One of the most important things ice-cream has taught me is the importance of family, friends, and having other people around me. It always felt nice to me when I was young to enjoy eating ice-cream with all of my friends who lived on the same block as me and went to the same elementary school with me. Ice-cream parties were a way to bring all of my friends together when I was young. Especially during the last day of school my parents would throw a small party for me and all of my friends who lived right around the block at that time. We would come over and we would all enjoy ice-cream together. At that time I didn't realize but now looking back, eating ice-cream together with my friends helped me realize the value of having other people around me.

Another thing that ice-cream has taught me is that I have to work hard for what I want in life. My parents would always give me ice-cream treats when I did well in school. Ice-cream was one of the things that motivated me when I was a child because I knew if I did well in school I would be able to get the ice-cream easily from my parents and make them happy. When I was a child a simple thing as an ice-cream was what motivated me, but now thinking back to that experience, that experience has helped me to learn how to work hard. I have learned that working hard is what will help me be able to succeed and help me achieve my goals and dreams. When I was a child, I used to get upset, but now looking back I am glad that my parents helped me learn that in order to get treats and good things in life I have to work hard first.

Lastly, ice-cream has taught me how to control my own desires and wants. As much as I loved eating ice-cream, there is always a limit to everything that one wants. I learned that I have to think about others in my family and not only care about what I want because everything will not always happen the way I want it to happen. By learning how to limit what I want I was able to learn how to give importance to what my family wants before what I want as I grew older.

These are some of the life lessons ice-cream has taught me when I was a child, but I know that these life lessons will also help me throughout life. Hope everyone is able to enjoy some ice-cream this summer and possibly learn something new about themselves!