How I Did the CBQ Method Program My Way: Review
Health Wellness

I found the answer in the CBQ method. If you are not familiar with it, The CBQ method helps you quit and enables you to overcome the mental dependence on smoking

2275

I have been a smoker for 47 years. I started smoking when I was 12 years old, so I've been smoking all my life. For many years now I've been dealing with health problems and COPD, and I've been trying to quit but to no avail.

This changed when I tried the CBQ Method. The CBQ Method helped me quit but I did the program my way, while on Chantix. In this review I will be elaborating on why and how I quit using both the CBQ program and Chantix.

My First Quit Smoking Attempt

I reached a point in my life where smoking was in complete control of me. Even though I didn't enjoy it like I used to, I was smoking because it kept me going. I knew I was severely addicted.

I was so addicted that when our grandchildren were over to our house on family holidays, my wife could refrain from smoking for a few hours but I couldn't help it. I would smoke even if that meant my grandchildren wouldn't come close to me. I didn't like myself for it, but I did it anyway.

I have made countless quit smoking attempts and all of them have ended up in failure. 5 years ago I quit for 8 months with Chantix, but it was one of the worst 8 months of my life. What kept me strong was having my health and family in mind. Despite everything I went through to quit smoking, I eventually caved and bought a pack. I don't know what got into me but after five cigarettes or so I was back to smoking. I was mad at myself but at least I wasn't obsessing about smoking anymore.

Why I Relapsed After Chantix

After my relapse, I smoked for the next 3 months knowing that sooner or later I'd have to quit again. That made me ask around if there is a way to quit and not feel severely depressed without your fags.

I found the answer in the CBQ method. If you are not familiar with it, The CBQ method helps you quit and enables you to overcome the mental dependence on smoking.

When I quit before, Chantix helped my physical addiction but not my mental. Mentally I was still a smoker who felt deprived. That's the answer I was looking for.

Nasia Davos, the creator of the CBQ Method, says that smoking is mostly a mental addiction to the extent that overcoming the mental addiction alone can help someone also overcome the physical addiction.

I am in agreement with that statement, but as I will be elaborating later in this review, I believe that after 47 years of smoking , I needed help with both the physical and the mental addiction.

After discovering the CBQ method, I attended a free webinar which I enjoyed. Even though I was grateful that Nasia Davos teaches the CBQ method for free, I am someone who needs all the help I can get, so I bought the CBQ program with the support team.

Review of How I did the CBQ Program with Chantix

Even though the CBQ Method Program does not require you to use any medication or the nicotine patch or the nicotine gum and in fact, tells you not to use any products, I was on Chantix while doing the program.

This drug worked for me temporarily in the past, so I thought if I combine it with the CBQ Method, then I will be a happy non-smoker.

I was right. By the end of the program and my treatment, I was feeling relief and surprise that I didn't want to smoke anymore. I realized the impact of the CBQ method in three areas.

My Triggers

In other attempts, I was not able to enjoy my day due to all my smoking triggers. When I had my morning coffee or when I wanted to unwind, the urge to smoke was very hard to resist.

With the CBQ method, I was able to coexist with my triggers and start enjoying my day little by little without having a smoke.

Absence Of Depression

Chantix caused depressive feelings to me, and I believe others also go through that. Some of the depression is caused by the drug and some from losing the only coping mechanism you have. Without smoking, I felt that nothing mattered and nothing was worth it. The CBQ method helped me work on this and be patient with myself while learning new coping mechanisms.

No Desire

Instead of thinking about smoking all day long as something I want, I now think about smoking as something I used to do and don't wish to do anymore. I do not crave cigarettes anymore, and it feels darn good to say that.

I quit 2 and a half years ago with the CBQ method program and Chantix, and I have never felt better. My wife quit with the CBQ method too but without any medication or products. My review is that I am glad I did both methods and recommend them if your doctor agrees. I wish I had found this solution 30 years ago. It has saved my life and my wife's life.