How To Handle Annoying Questions At Thanksgiving

There's no need to start a political debate over dinner.

17
publicdomainpictures.net

Thanksgiving break is that much needed holiday right before finals hit. It's a time to relax and recharge, and you get to pig out and eat amazing food. What else do you do over Thanksgiving? You see all your relatives, which is great. But at times, it can be annoying because your loving relatives ask you questions that you have no desire to answer.

Questions like...

"How is school going?"

What you want to say: "Terrible. I consider dropping out every day and I've never been more tired in my entire life."

What you should say: "It's fine. Same old, same old."

"What are you majoring in again?"

What you want to say: "I only answer this every time I see you, but I guess I can answer it again."

What you should say: "I'm majoring in *insert whatever your major is*!"

"What are you planning on doing with that?"

What you want to say: "I.DON'T.KNOW. Just leave me alone!!!"

What you should say: "I don't know yet! But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually."

"Are you dating anyone?"

What you want to say: "Wow, you were able to make it four hours without asking me that question. But no, I'm not dating anyone. Thanks for reminding me."

What you should say: "No, not right now! I'm honestly too busy for a relationship."

"What did you think of the election?"

What you want to say: "I'm very worried about the future of our country and this election honestly caused me a lot of stress."

What you should say: "It was definitely interesting..."

"Who did you vote for?"

What you want to say: "The candidate you hated."

What you should say: Nothing. Just avoid answering this question.

"Are you worried about getting a job after college?"

What you want to say: "Yes, very."

What you should say: "Yes, very."

"How are your roommates?"

What you want to say: "I don't know, I see them sometimes."

What you should say: "They're all right."

"What about your professors?"

What you want to say: "I think they are all conspiring to ruin my life."

What you should say: "I like them all, and they are all obviously very passionate about the subjects they are teaching... but I'm excited to have new ones next semester."

"How are your friends?"

What you want to say: "We're all struggling and they encourage me to make terrible decisions on a daily basis."

What you should say: "They're great! I could not make it through college without them."