How To Forget a Guy in Ten Days

How To Forget a Guy in Ten Days

So you fell for a guy. The wrong guy. Again. What do you do now?

646
How To Forget a Guy in Ten Days

This occurrence is so typical in every woman’s life. You finally find a good guy that you genuinely connect with, and everything is going great. But if you have had any experiences like mine, you know that the “going great” thing never lasts very long.

Something comes up, and suddenly you are left crying on your best friend’s shoulder while eating ice cream at late hours of the night. Moving on seems impossible, no matter how long you have liked this guy.

More than likely what is making this moving on process so difficult is the fact that he is handsome, charming, intelligent and funny. Right? So, what went wrong? He probably just stopped talking to you out of the blue, developed feelings for another girl and realized that he needed to “work on himself.” The excuses are endless.

You try and give him the benefit of the doubt by making yourself feel like it was your fault he ended things. You try and cover up his excuses and flaws with the stuff you like about him. Believe me, I have been there and done that. Falling for the wrong guy is something that weighs heavy on a woman’s heart. Not only is it disappointing when they guy you like changes his mind; it is also extremely discouraging.

Well, what do you do now? There are different things you can do to protect yourself from getting hurt in the future.

Don’t Dwell On It 

You are going to over analyze everything that ever happened to try and figure out where you went wrong. Chances are where you went wrong was letting yourself fall for this guy in the first place.  

Tell Yourself That It Is His Loss

If you count it as your loss, you will spend day after day thinking about what it could have been. That is one of the biggest mistakes you can make during this moving-on process. If you tell yourself that it is his loss and not yours, you can move on much quicker.     

Don’t Talk About It

Do not talk about him, the situation or anything along those lines. The more you talk about it, the more time it takes you to forget about it. You don’t necessarily need to bottle up your feelings toward the situation either. If you need to talk about it, just make sure you are talking about it a healthy amount to the right person.  

Don’t Hate the Guy

This is a common, immature mistake to make. Hating him only puts negativity in your life, and that is not needed. Being angry at first is normal, but there comes a time when that anger can turn to hatred. Having hatred in your life is not good for you, and unless the guy did something extremely hateable, then just let it go.   

Give Him a Pass

Basically, don’t ignore him but act as though nothing ever happened between you. Giving him a pass shows him that you are not going to let him get you down, or even string you around. Forgive, but do not forget what he did because you do not want to fall for him or his games all over again.  

In the future if you guard your heart, you will protect yourself from the boys who just want flings and the boys who just want to have you around when they get bored. Moving on from a guy you really like is not fun, and it is difficult. Letting go of something you care about is difficult in general. What I have had to tell myself in the past is just to stay strong and trust that you will eventually be able to move on and forget about him.