12 Feelings Ex-Dancers Have Watching "The Nutcracker"

When you realize you miss ballet and the yearly hell that was "Nutcracker."

57

As ex-dancers we all know what the holidays really mean, "Nutcracker" is coming up. "The Nutcracker" is a holiday classic, and a production we've all been a part of over the years. Here are the thoughts you have while watching this iconic ballet as an ex-dancer.

1. When you hear the music and you get overwhelmingly excited

2. When Fritz stomps on the Nutcracker and you just want to punch him

3. When the mice come out and the battle BEGINS

4. When Clara picks up her shoe to throw at a giant mouse king

5. When her tiny shoe somehow manages to kill that giant mouse king

6. WHEN THE NUTCRACKER COMES TO LIFE AND THEY DANCE AWAY TOGETHER

7. When you remember all of the times you had to be in the snow piece

8. When intermission starts and you try to buy all of the merchandise out front

9. When the Arabian dance starts and you sit there and think "Yeah I'm totally still that flexible" and when you go home and try it, you realize you're definitely not that flexible any more.

10. When "Waltz of the Flowers" starts and you freak out because you think you missed your cue

11. When the music for the "Sugar Plum Fairy" comes on and you cry thinking about all of the awful "Sugar" rehearsals you were a part of

12. At the end of the performance you realize how much you miss ballet and performing in the yearly production of "The Nutcracker"