How Do We Know If Tomorrow Is Guaranteed?

Today is guaranteed. Right now is where you are at, so why not use this chance instead of waiting for tomorrow?

36

Life is filled with obstacles consisting of the reasons why we have ups and downs in our days. Some days are better than others, while some days just seem like things just cannot get any worse. We're often being told, "Tomorrow is a new day." People tell us that we have another day for things to be better. “You have more than enough chances to make things better.

Have you ever really thought about that statement? That you have many more chances to make things better, for days to get better, for more opportunities. “When I was your age, I made the same mistakes you did. You have more chances to learn from them and become a better person.” Nowadays, it’s so easy to assume that our age defines how many more opportunities we have left in life. It’s normal, it’s part of human nature. It’s what we hope, to live a long happy and healthy life.

But in reality, how many more tomorrows do we have? We really do not know. So many crazy things happen in this world that we hope to be guaranteed a tomorrow. Is it really guaranteed though? How would our lives be if we lived knowing that tomorrow might not be here? It’s not necessarily a pessimistic point of view or “living on the edge,” but a chance to give yourself to be true to yourself and the people around you.

When is the last time you told someone that you love them? When is the last time you looked yourself in the mirror and said, “Today will be a good day.” It’s time to pick ourselves up from our lives and live everyday truthfully. Don’t wait for tomorrow for something to happen. Make it happen now. Yes, there are so many opportunities out there, but why not take the opportunity you have today? Remember that today was yesterday’s tomorrow. So what is so special about the idea of having a “tomorrow” if you are not going to take advantage of it?

You should want a tomorrow not so that you have another chance to do the things you did not do today, but because you want to continue to do the things you are able to do today. Remember in this world, ‘tomorrow’ is something you cannot buy, so let yourself be selfish and take advantage of it, not waste it.

And if you ever find yourself not doing this, think of the people who wish they could have a “tomorrow” again, especially with their loved ones. So don’t wait for tomorrow when you have today.