6 Ways To Deal With Your Best Friends New Loser Boyfriend

We all have met that one guy who just wasn't right for your friend. Maybe they will make better choices?

609

Pro Tip: You Don't

So your friend is dating another loser. You have stalked his facebook and friend group. Looked through all his pictures to see what he does in his spare time. But hey, you can't judge a book by its cover, or the pictures of him slipping his gross tongue down like 3 girls throats but alas, here we are. Surprise Surprise. Will she ever listen to your genuine interest in finding her true love? Most likely not. A girls' gotta stay independent. She can't be listening to the wisdom you grace upon her. But hear me out. The opposite of the guy you were going to set her up with has shown up on your double date and you are in shock. What do you do?

1. Play it cool.

Find out who this guy really is and try to look past the 20 pockets on his baggy shorts.

Chat him up and act like he's part of the group. Never single him/her out and make them look less intelligent or 'less than' in general. It's rude and unamusing. Try talking about his day, it may spark a conversation and he may be a swell guy! Let's see.

2. Ask him about what he doe's for fun or in his spare time.

Try to get to know a little about his interests and figure out what he likes. Right then and there you can probably tell if he's into your friend or here to grab a few drinks and take her home. Let's keep digging. My investigator mode is tingling.

3. See if he has a job.

I like my men to have a job and know how to work hard. I like my friends to be treated as the princesses' they are. If her bau doesn't have a job he better have a really good excuse and quitting because 'you didn't like the manager' isn't a good one. Find a new job sir and suck it up. A good work ethic and willingness to work will show you what he's willing to put in the time and effort into a realtionship...usually. Also, a good job would probably be a good idea. If he hasn't been able to keep a steady job it's probably not a good sign. Maybe give him a few pointers if things don't seem to be working out. It couldn't hurt.

4. Ask about how they met and roll that into his intentions with your bestie.

If they met at a bar that he attends frequently and has past girlfriends who also attend that bar. They probably won't be together forever so enjoy her excitement while it lasts. They may have some crazy love story and have fallen head over heels. In this case let it be and see how it plays out. She may end up turning him into prince charming. Now if he is a total jerk give her the subtle hints and hope she realizes.

5. Just get to know who he is as a person.

If he want's to tell you about himself listen! But don't overbear him with questions playing good cop, bad cop. Let them relax and have a good time. I mean you want him to like you right? You never really know a person until you find out their dreams and aspirations. Big dreams attract big people and he could be in store for some big things! He could be the perfect best friend for your significant other. Just listen and take it all in.

6. Just be polite.

It is what it is. No matter your opinions treat him with the respect of any other. Your guard will be up because you will be examining him for boyfriend material and that's okay. Just don't be a bother.

Go in with an open mind. Yea you may be a little judgemental but everyone is when it comes to people they care about. Just remember to stay cool, calm and collected. If he seems like a serial killer I may speak out after the date is over, otherwise, she can handle herself. Just be there for her through anything. If they break up, whatever. Go get her some pizza, ice cream, and Oreos. If they get married, awesome! Remeber, you are just there to love and support your best friend. And maybe make sure she marries the best man she can. She want's your opinions, but don't make them harsh or rude. Just express your feeling but don't count her feelings out either. It is her life.