How Could I Ever Forget You

How Could I Ever Forget You

A Touching Old Letter of A Boy to her Former Best Friend

42
How Could I Ever Forget You
Orland Batongbakal

Well, how can I forget you? I've tried to, but at the end you still comes back to my mind.....

When you've gone away, I didn't know why....

I've tried to approach, but you kept running away....

You've placed a wall between us, yes, the wall works, yes, I've been far from you, but that wall made me eager to reach on you more....

The time came, I intended that the wall to be torn down and it was torn down....

I thought it was totally torn down, but I found out that there was a little part remaining....

The part that hindered me to come closer, the one that let me feel that the wall was still on its full height....

The wall was around you, there was no lowest point....

I tried hard to to destroy the wall but I can't find a weak point....

I've learned that the only way was to pass through that wall, and I need a ladder, and the ladder works....

The ladder helped me enough to pass through the wall....Now, we're in this together, exchanging stories again to each other...

The time came when we need to part ways, yet, we are all in this together....

We should face our own ways, own but together...

Yes, you are a most trusted friend of mine....

You did not fail me when I needed your help...

Yes, our deal was supposed to be not true, but I felt it was real....

Once we again exchange our stories, and in that you've uttered something, I thought it was a kind of a joke, but later I've realized that it may not be a joke at all.....

I might clarified my suspicion when we didn't get in touch for so long....

That hurts me so bad as if I was left behind, I tried to get in touch just to prove I'm still keeping my promise to you...

I was about to tell you things that are amazing, but you are not there to listen to what happened....

But ways to reach you became narrower....

As some are telling to me: "Get the logic out and do the impossible".....

I realized that that I should find a way to reach you and it works.....

These past few days I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say, and I don't know what I am feeling....

I really don't know if our friendship will have next chapter or a next level.....

I intend to, but it is all up to you.....

Author's Note: I wrote this seven years ago (2010 to be exact) to a friend whom I deeply cared about and was sent to her through email. I had been in constant communication with her since the time I left home for Louisiana in 2009. This note was part of the exchanges I had with her from March until April 2010. I was worried that time that I might have said something that might have irritated her (again). Well, silly me it turned out that she was just so overwhelmed with countless school works! When she decided to send me a message that time,I was just overjoyed that I decided to come up with something that I intend to send to her "randomly" in the middle of our exchanges. The intent of this note was to remind her that our friendship has been through some trials and I would do anything to preserve this friendship. I also intended through this note to give a hint that I was thinking of asking her if something beyond our friendship could be possible between the two of us.