How I Chose Sacred Heart University

How I Chose Sacred Heart University

Can you fall in love with a school? Because I did.

115
How I Chose Sacred Heart University
Bing

At some point in every high school student career, there comes a time where they have to make the "big" decision. After what seems like months of endless visits, that frankly start to all blur into one big tour, every student must decide "where am I going for the next four years?"

When I started my hunt for the "perfect college" I was honestly a little frightened. Thinking to myself, "What if I chose the wrong one? What if I hate it?" There's an overwhelming amount of "what ifs" that come with stepping over into the college world. However, when I stepped onto Sacred Heart University's campus grounds I fell in love.

Now, I toured nine schools before Sacred Heart University (SHU), and nothing felt as comforting as being on those grounds. Following the direction of my favorite high school teacher, I visited the school on a snowy and cold, February 27 because if I loved the school then I would love it on the sunny warm summer days.

1. Atmosphere

What draws people into SHU and what drew me, was the atmosphere. It's one of the only schools I've come across where the people genuinely look like they enjoy being there and a majority of the people you come across are actually pretty friendly and easy to start up a conversation.

2. Academics

Like every person, I took into account the academics behind the school because let's face it, I'm not spending fifty grand on friends, I'm here for an education. Since I was on the boarder of a couple of tracks I wanted a school that had a wide set of majors to choose from with an education track available to me if i chose that route and SHU had it all

3. Greek Life

I'm going to embarrassingly admit that from a young age I wanted a school with greek life. I wanted a greek life that was equally involved with sisterhood as it was with charity and I found that here at Sacred Heart University.

4. Dance

The last thing I focused on was the dance program there. Seeing as I started dancing at the age of 7 I wanted to continue through college and when I heard that Sacred Heart had 6 different dance opportunities I knew that my choice was made. I stared doe-eyed at the dance company as they were rehearsing during my tour and knew I just had to go here.

Now as I'm writing with my freshman year behind me I can fully say i still love the school probably more than I did when I first visited. So, for all of you who are about to venture into the world of college tours I promise you that you'll find the school for you. Heck, maybe it'll be SHU!