3 Reasons You Should Go To The Houston Rodeo

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

184
Venues Today

It’s that time of the year again! The city of Houston is already perfect but it’s about to get a little better!

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is right around the corner and as a fellow Houstonian, I am stoked. Rodeo season is the most anticipated time of the year. It is filled with tons of fun activities, cheap concerts, and delicious foods. If you are not acquainted with the Houston rodeo, I am here to open your eyes to the most amazing three weeks in the year (sometimes it even beats Christmas time). Here are a few of perks of attending the Houston Rodeo:

1. Cheap Concerts

The Houston Rodeo houses 21 different artists. There are not all country artists either! There are many genres of music that are represented at the rodeo. Some of the performances this year include: Shawn Mendes, Kid Rock, Pitbull, Luke Bryan, and many more. The ticket prices for these performances (plus the livestock show) range from $18-$86. And if you want to be treated like a VIP and have food delivered to your seat you can always go for the $200-$300 option! I have been on every level of NRG stadium and in my opinion there is no bad seat in the house.

2. THE FOOD

This is probably the best part of the whole event. There is a tonof deep fried food and extremely delicious barbecue. I, personally, am not a fan of fried food but this is the only time of the year that I make exceptions. There’s deep fried Oreos, Twinkies, FUNNEL CAKES, deep fried ice cream… The motto is, if you can eat it, fry it! And wait until you see those turkey legs! It is not a lie when they say, “Everything is Bigger (and Better) in Texas.” No need to worry if you don’t share the love of fried foods and barbecue like the rest of us, there are many more food options (they even have Chick-Fil-A!).

3. The Activities

The Houston Rodeo is not all about the livestock show or the concerts! There is also a carnival where you can go on rides, play games, win prizes, or just have a good time. The rides range from kiddie rides to big, scary, thrilling adult rides. There are shooting games, basketball games, toss-the-ring games, and many more. While you play those games, you have the opportunity to win the most adorable stuffed animals and even sports balls. If you are not a ride or game person, there are fun houses and haunted houses. Many of the kiddie activities can also be “grown-up” activities. There is a mock farm station where little kids learn how the process of farming works and at the end of the station you get free snacks!

I could go and on and on about how the Houston Rodeo is the greatest thing on Earth but I am just going to let everyone of you experience it. So, if you don’t have anywhere to be for Spring Break, take a trip to the best city in Texas and fall in love with the city and the rodeo. The first day of the rodeo this year is March 1st and it ends on March 20th, so you have about three weeks to make it there and back!

Oh and by the way, the rodeo is always good for date night and even better for a girls/boys night out!

P.S. You may or may not suffer from obsessive Houston Rodeo syndrome after you visit.