House Of Horrors Part 3

House Of Horrors Part 3

Third Installment of House Of Horrors

22
House Of Horrors Part 3
Jamie Davis Writes

The investigator awoke with a soft groan. Their head was throbbing something fierce, so much so that, even with their eyes closed, everything was spinning. They slowly pushed themself into a sitting position, noting what felt like cold concrete underneath them. Opening their bleary eyes, they were met with complete darkness. Blindly groping around the nearby area, the investigator was horrified to find that their flash light was nowhere to be found.

Before the investigator could begin to panic, light flooded the room, allowing the investigator to see their surroundings.

It appeared that they had ended up in the house's basement, more specifically, the boiler room. A hallway leading further into the basement of to the side. The walls were incomplete, the fiberglass poking out from behind the framework, and several wires and bits of pipe could be seen running along the corners of the ceiling. In the far corner sat an old cobweb covered water heater and what appeared to be some kind of generator.

Looking up, the investigator frowned as they saw that the light was coming from a low hanging lightbulb, several more of which led out into the hallway. This was strange seeing as the power was cut off from the house several years ago and the generator was not in working condition.

As the investigator pondered this phenomenon, the lights suddenly flickered before becoming significantly dimmer. A sudden chill blew through the room, bringing out an unwilling gasp from the investigator.

"Can't do this...anymore...no other choice."

The investigator's breath hitched at the familiar rasp. Slowly, they turned and were faced with a large shadowy figure that was hunched over next to the water heater. The creature was completely made up of shadow with no mouth, eyes, or any other features visible.

The investigator stared in horror as the shadow pulled itself to its full height of well over six feat and turned towards the investigator. Even though it had no eyes, the investigator could feel the creature's gaze peering into their very soul.

"No choice..." the creature whispered, raising an arm as if reaching for the investigator. "No other choice..."

The shadow slowly began to shuffle forward, its hand still outstretched towards the now petrified human. "Only way...to kill..."

This jolted the investigator out of their stupor. Not wanting to know what the creature was going to do, the investigator turned on their heel and bolted out of the room, following the lights that hung in the hallway, hoping that they would lead to an exit. The entire time the investigator was running, the cold hiss of the shadow was mere inches away the entire time.