House Of Horrors: Part 1

House Of Horrors: Part 1

Part 1 Of Horror Series

30
House Of Horrors: Part 1
YouTube

The dark decrepit house stood ominously against the clouded sky. The dark storm clouds rumbled ominously in the background, adding the sense of foreboding that they felt. Glancing about, they could see that almost all of the windows in the two story house was broken, shattered from the outside if they would have to wager a guess. That would make sense, after all, the home was the location of one of the most horrifying events in the past decade. Regardless, they had a job to do.

They stepped up the small steps that lead to the front porch. They reached for the door handle, but paused as a sudden chilling wind blew past them. Shivering slightly, they steeled their nerves and wrenched open the door.

With an ominous creak, the door swung open, revealing the dirty and worn foyer. A rug, too stained for them to tell the color, led from the door to the adjoining hallway, ending at another door at the end. To their right was a grand set of staircase leading to the second floor. All along the hallway were various portraits, many of which were torn or fallen. They did note that there was a single door just adjacent to the one at the end of the hall.

They cautiously stepped into the foyer, glancing about as if expecting someone to jump out. When no one did, they stepped fully into the house. Just as they began to give the room a more careful look, the door slammed with some unseen force. Jumping, they spun around, expecting to see someone standing their, but there was none. They stood there, staring at the door for several more seconds before shaking their head and turning back to the room.

There was a worn out dresser off to the side, on its side, with various shards of what they assumed to be a mirror scattered around it. They were about to simply look over the destroyed furniture when a something caught their eye. It was a small cracked picture frame, partially hidden beneath multiple mirror pieces and splinters.

Crouching down, they carefully shifted the debris and lifted the frame. There was a picture in it, but they could hardly see it beneath the cracked glass. They flipped the frame over and removed the picture from its confines. It was a picture of a family of four, a mother, father, and two kids; a boy and a younger girl. Strangely, none of them were smiling. In fact, if they looked carefully, they looked as if they were edging away from the father, not that they were surprised by this. Not after what the father did.

The sound of floorboards creaking from above pulled them out of their thoughts. It appeared that the house was not as abandoned as they first thought.