Honestly, Idk. I Never K.

Honestly, Idk. I Never K.

I'mma do better. Maybe.

12
Honestly, Idk. I Never K.
threadless.com

Now that my last year of college (knock on all the wood, omg) is starting to take root (in my soul, uprooting all of my nights of good sleep), it's been really difficult for me to submit articles every week. I like writing, about anything, but lately, I've been hard on myself to write quality thoughts and ideas that genuinely engage those of you who read my work (btw, I love each and every one of y'all: MVP status, kudos, peace, love and hair grease, etc).

I'm obviously not trying to change the world single-handedly with the power of one, grammatically correct article (although that would be lit and, God, if you're listening, I wouldn't mind that at all) but I do want to take pride in what I write. My writing is a digital (in this case) reflection of my brain and my thoughts. It's a little piece of who I am in the moment that I write it.

Also: sometimes funny, compelling, or sarcastic things aren't what flood my mind. Sometimes I have bad days; bad weeks. And I wonder where the line in drawn between documenting thoughts and feelings and throwing the most un-lit pity party (also known as a pooty party...can we take some time to appreciate the word "lit?" It's really changed my life, honestly).

Writing and submitting every week has also caused me to consider a question I've never asked myself before: can challenging yourself to do something you love, even to the extent of possible spontaneous combustion, make you not love it anymore? Because honestly, I've been considering leaving Odyssey in the dust with a swift flick of the wrist; my deuces in the air...

(no offense, Odyssey. We still cool, fam).

This week's article has basically been a free write of my tired thoughts as I sit here at work trying to down this green smoothie (being healthy is only lit when you aren't craving fries and tacos...isn't it national taco day?) and I kind of like it. I think once a week, I'll post an article...Nia's Thoughts...and I'll invite you into the whimsical (low key messy) world of my brain. Our house special is always "hot mess on toast with a side of petty."

Alright, that's enough parentheses for today. If this article really didn't do it for you, here's a slideshow of taco gifs. If you don't like tacos, you're fake and I don't associate with people like you.